Steering Wheel Position Sensor: Missing Calibration (C0051-54)

Shankovich

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T w/Sensing
Hi Everyone,

Did a search of the forums for this issue and didn't seem to find it (sorry if I didn't, new here). A bit of background:
2017 Civic EX-T w/Sensing. Code found using BlueDriver OBD II scanner.
Code comes up under the "Integrated Driver Assist System Codes" tree in the BlueDriver app.

Beginning of January this year came back from 2 week vacation and car had a bit of a hard start. Scan found this fault. Checked battery voltage and it was around the 60% charge state. Drove around for about 30 mins and idled for another 10. Cleared codes, turned car off, let it sit for about 4 hours, then scanned again with no codes coming up at all.

5 days ago I did my routine scan, and the sub-fault appeared again. I've been driving every day since the start of the year...LKAS also seems to be a bit spotty in picking up my usual lanes going to work (driving above 45MPH). I did have a bit of a hard start 5 days ago, so I suspect maybe the battery is dying early. I live in Savannah, GA so I wouldn't be surprised if the horrific heat down here has shortened its lifespan considerably.

Has anyone had this code come up just randomly? Did you have to visit the dealer? (I'm still under full warranty)
Sponsored

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
My car has the same exact problem. However, I am out of warranty.

Did you ever get this issue resolved?