Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Thankyou for all of the replies. I'll definitely go get them to check it out.

RAR

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 G37xS Coupe; 2013 Civic EX Sedan; 2017 Q50 Red Sport 400; 2017 CTR ABM
Country flag
Donā€™t have a Type R here but I have the same exact issue on my ā€˜17 hatchback. Have to keep it turned a bit to keep it straight.

It used to drive me nuts with my OCD :rolleyes: but Iā€™ve tried not to look or think about it when driving. Iā€™ve learned to live with it for now. May finally take it in when warranty is close to being up.

I wonder if it could be a QA issue at the Swindon plant.
I believe it was a day-one quality issue coming out of the Swindon plant. Probaly a process setup, calibration of equipment or training issue to mention a few. It could have been one person not properly setting everything up during the alignment process.

Tried to ignore it during the first month or so but just could not drive it with the steering wheel slightly to the left when going straight on the highway.

Also, I was concerned with getting the rims scratched during the alignment but still took it to the dealer, expressed my concerns getting this issue fixed. The master technician and I came up with the same solution, put painterā€™s tape on the alignment equipment that attaches to the rims. I left a roll of tape in the cup holder but the master tech had the same tape in the shop.

Good luck!

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I had the same problem...took my CTR to get an alignment with only ~1000 miles last year and drove perfectly after that with centered steering wheel and everything

OP
OP
Dragnet

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Wow. Seems to be a known issue afterall. Glad you guys were able to get it fixed.
Sponsored