First Name
Andras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Sport Plus
Country flag
Hi all,

Time to time the steering wheel jerks left to right momentarily on my Civic Sport during engine start. So far I had the impression it happens when the car / engine is very cold but today it also happened after a short stop ( so everything was warmed up)

Any ideas on this?

Thanks a lot!
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Hi all,

Time to time the steering wheel jerks left to right momentarily on my Civic Sport during engine start. So far I had the impression it happens when the car / engine is very cold but today it also happened after a short stop ( so everything was warmed up)

Any ideas on this?

Thanks a lot!
are you locking the steering wheel after turning the car off? It might be the steering lock releasing it self

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Hi all,

Any ideas on this?

Thanks a lot!

Mine does this every time I start on it. It's almost like the electric steering is starting up.

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
Does the sport trim have LKAS? If so, it could be the system initializing causing it to nudge the EPS motor slightly during the first few minutes of cold start.

OP
OP
planedriver

planedriver

First Name
Andras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does the sport trim have LKAS? If so, it could be the system initializing causing it to nudge the EPS motor slightly during the first few minutes of cold start.
Yes it does jave LKAS. This sounds as a possibility for sure.

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have only every seen this on my Touring when I accidentally lock the steering wheel after shutting off the ignition. The steering wheel bounces back from the pressure of the lock after it's released upon starting up again. I have never seen the LKAS system do a self-check at startup by vibrating the steering wheel.

OP
OP
planedriver

planedriver

First Name
Andras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine only does it 1-2 times out of 10 starts.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Si checking in. Randomly happens, no effect on driving.
Sponsored