Steering wheel is making a strange creaking sound + tire (drivers side) rubbing sound...

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Okay first, EVERYTHING on my car is stock except for the stereo which doesn't matter in this case.

I just had my civic in for an oil change + brake fluid change, shortly after (last week) I now have this strange sound coming from the drivers side tire area when coming to a stop (pretty much only when almost at a stop. It sounds as if there's a flat spot on the tire which doesn't make sense since I drive this car daily.

Then when I got home and turned the wheel to back up the driveway, I heard a sound like this... It may be hard to hear in the video... not sure.

Will definitely be calling my dealer and telling them to fix whatever the hell they did to the car, as well as demanding that they actually fix the clutch pedal noise rather than adding more grease or whatever they add to the pedal.

edit: Forgot to add, when I did this service the rubbing sound was so much worse, if I pushed down on the edge of the hood near the drivers side headlight the rubbing sound would easily be heard, I opened the hood and closed it again and the sound doesn't happen in that spot anymore... very strange.

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag