Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, why do you want to install a leather cover on the steering wheel?

OP
OP
jsyar

jsyar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, BMW 328xi, BMW X3
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, why do you want to install a leather cover on the steering wheel?
I prefer a bulkier feel. I have one on my other car and have gotten used to it.

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Does anyone know of a leather steering wheel cover for the Type R? I was looking at this one: https://www.amazon.com/Cut-Steering-Wheel-Cover-Microfiber/dp/B01N9NVYZY

I measured the steering wheel and the Type R is 14.5 inches x 14 inches, which is smaller than the one above.
I have this exact cover. I also wanted a bulkier feel. The fit is just right and it looks good to me. I love the feel as well. Also, the inside of the cover is smooth, unlike some covers which sometimes have a nobbly inside surface. I like the smooth surface because it won’t mark the steering wheel surface

EDIT: I’ll post a picture if you’re interested in seeing the cover on an actual R.

OP
OP
jsyar

jsyar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, BMW 328xi, BMW X3
Country flag
I have this exact cover. I also wanted a bulkier feel. The fit is just right and it looks good to me. I love the feel as well. Also, the inside of the cover is smooth, unlike some covers which sometimes have a nobbly inside surface. I like the smooth surface because it won’t mark the steering wheel surface

EDIT: I’ll post a picture if you’re interested in seeing the cover on an actual R.
I ended up buying the cover too. I really like it, it fits my needs.