Steering wheel cover recommendations?

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Anyone here use steering wheel covers? Can anyone recommend a good one? Nothing flashy, just looking for at least a decent quality leather one. Red stitching is a plus.

I love the feel of the leather steering wheels, when I had my sport sedan, either myself or my wife scraped the steering pretty bad. Ended up grabbing a generic “honda” one from Walmart after that.

I plan on picking up a new car in the next few days, and will need a new one, so I’m looking for suggestions.
Sponsored

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
The 2020 EX Hatch comes with leather already though?

Honda Civic 10th gen Steering wheel cover recommendations? 1603896970553

What car's it for if not that?

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
The 2020 EX Hatch comes with leather already though?

1603896970553.png

What car's it for if not that?
Yeah, it does... I already have a cover on my ex hatch. I need one for what I plan on buying. I love the feel, just don’t want to damage it.

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I got this one from Wal-Mart when I first got my EX (2019 EX doesn't have leather. Maybe the EX-L though): https://www.walmart.com/ip/Auto-Dri...over-Sports-Black-Red-Universal-Fit/383233655

I've contemplated swapping it out for something more subtle but it's grown on me since it gives me a way better grip on the wheel + it looks dope imo on the car. I can snap some pics if interested.

Update: I see you got an SGP, very nice ? Red detailing goes well with it imo.

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I got this one from Wal-Mart when I first got my EX (2019 EX doesn't have leather. Maybe the EX-L though): https://www.walmart.com/ip/Auto-Dri...over-Sports-Black-Red-Universal-Fit/383233655

I've contemplated swapping it out for something more subtle but it's grown on me since it gives me a way better grip on the wheel + it looks dope imo on the car. I can snap some pics if interested.

Update: I see you got an SGP, very nice ? Red detailing goes well with it imo.
I love my sgp hatch! I actually have one already for it, I found it at Ross and am really happy with it. If any of you are familiar with Ross stores, they have what they have at the time, and is completely random. I’m gonna check in the next day or so to hope they have something good.

im looking for a new one for a new civic I plan on buying.

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Woops my bad! I didn't the see the part about it being for another car ? I love Ross! There aren't any in MA that I know of but used to go all the time when I lived in Orlando. Best place to get fun sox lol.

Gonna pop a couple of pics here in case anyone comes in later and is curious about the cover I mentioned. I love the interior flare it gives from the outside. Cheap and gets the job done.
Honda Civic 10th gen Steering wheel cover recommendations? 20201028_165455
Honda Civic 10th gen Steering wheel cover recommendations? 20201028_165507
Honda Civic 10th gen Steering wheel cover recommendations? 20201028_165636_HDR~2

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Woops my bad! I didn't the see the part about it being for another car ? I love Ross! There aren't any in MA that I know of but used to go all the time when I lived in Orlando. Best place to get fun sox lol.

Gonna pop a couple of pics here in case anyone comes in later and is curious about the cover I mentioned. I love the interior flare it gives from the outside. Cheap and gets the job done.
20201028_165455.jpg
20201028_165507.jpg
20201028_165636_HDR~2.jpg
that actually looks pretty good. Will definitely consider it. Thanks.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
If the budget allows, you can go for a full replacement with real leather, flat-bottom, and better grips :)

All versions are sold out currently, awaiting new stock to accept new orders. You can sign up to be updated when in stock:
https://unity-performance.com/collections/frontpage/products/flat-bottom-steering-wheels

20200920_191954.JPG
It looks amazing, but not really in the budget at the moment... plus I’m looking for something to protect the leather wheel, not add a new one... maybe in the future.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
You can actually buy custom cut leather pieces that you sitch over your existing steering wheel and the finished product actually looks really good, much better looking than a removable cover. They come with thread in your choice of colours. It takes a while to get it on neat and tidy but doesn't require a whole lot of skill.

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
You can actually buy custom cut leather pieces that you sitch over your existing steering wheel and the finished product actually looks really good, much better looking than a removable cover. They come with thread in your choice of colours. It takes a while to get it on neat and tidy but doesn't require a whole lot of skill.
I’ve seen those. Not sure I have the patience for it, but I’ll definitely look more into it.
Sponsored