Steering Wheel Controls

patriotsfan82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Couoe
I admittedly only spent a short time searching for this - but most of what I've found has been for wholesale steering wheel replacement.

My Type R came with a pretty poorly put together interior - the trim around the gauges isn't seated properly, rattles already, and a poorly put together steering wheel. Specifically the left steering wheel control section does not seem seated/locked into the the wheel properly. There are gaps around the section and it can both be pushed and pulled with ease. I won't have time to get it into a dealer soon, so I was wondering if anyone is familiar with any guides or diagrams that show how I might go about trying to re-seat this portion.

Thanks!
Sponsored

sosoye

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, S2000, Turbo Miata
Country flag
take it to the dealer. they should cover it under manufacture warranty.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
If you take off the steering wheel off the car, getting to the switch/control would be a piece of cake. Controls on the steering wheels are designed to be accessed and removed/installed from the back of the wheel.

Removing the wheel is not hard at all, but there is probably some learning curve to it. Just search on YouTube for steering wheel removal (or replacement) on a 10th gen Civic.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
just curious, did you purchase your CTR new, from the dealer? That sounds extremely odd....

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Can we get some pics/video of this? I don't see how this would have passed inspection and would like to see what we are dealing with here.
Sponsored