Merk110

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
A few weeks after I installed D2 springs on my 2020 si sedan I have a slight clicking sound when I turn my steering wheel. Anyone had this issue before?
Sponsored

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
A few weeks after I installed D2 springs on my 2020 si sedan I have a slight clicking sound when I turn my steering wheel. Anyone had this issue before?
Yes I do, its common in these 10th gens, nothing to worry about.

OP
OP

Merk110

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Yes I do, its common in these 10th gens, nothing to worry about.
It doesn't sound bad but man it still bugs the hell out of me. Any idea to what is causing the clicking?

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
It doesn't sound bad but man it still bugs the hell out of me. Any idea to what is causing the clicking?
Its a spring located in the center of the steering wheel where the horn is, has something to do with the airbags. Its not a defect nor is it dangerous, lets just call it a "quirk" of the 10th gen. Had the airbag/spring replaced with the oem replacement at the dealership, and the sound was back within 3 months or so. Don't worry about it, there's nothing you can do.

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
Man let me tell you about quirks in the steering. We had a 2019 Toyota CHR and its steering has this weird clunking/catch in the steering rack. Its on a lot of them. you can move the steering wheel back and forth and hear and feel the clunk/catch. I have never had that on another vehicle. I could feel it even driving down the hwy. Imaging taking your hand across smooth skin and then hitting a wart and then smooth skin after that. That is what the rack felt like. slight turn and it felt like a bump or catch in the rack even at hwy speeds.

{kman}

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
yea I have click just going straight, I don't have to be turning.
Sponsored