Steering wheel button not triggering Siri iOS 13.3

Durham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Touring Sedan ABM
Country flag
Apologies if this is a repeat thread, I searched.

It used to be the case that, over Bluetooth, I could press and hold the Voice button on the wheel on my 17 Touring with stock infotainment, and it would trigger hands free Siri. The dash screen would show the Honda voice activation graphics but read “Smartphone.” It worked perfectly.

Ever since getting iOS 13, this action does lead to the screen on the dash but it suddenly switches back to where it was prior to the button press and no voice recognition is done.

Has anyone else encountered this or found a fix ? It’s very annoying, as hands free Siri without having to plug in to CarPlay every time is a huge perk I grew to rely on. My guess is it’s an Apple issue but I haven’t seen any similar complaints on forums.
Sponsored

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Apologies if this is a repeat thread, I searched.

It used to be the case that, over Bluetooth, I could press and hold the Voice button on the wheel on my 17 Touring with stock infotainment, and it would trigger hands free Siri. The dash screen would show the Honda voice activation graphics but read “Smartphone.” It worked perfectly.

Ever since getting iOS 13, this action does lead to the screen on the dash but it suddenly switches back to where it was prior to the button press and no voice recognition is done.

Has anyone else encountered this or found a fix ? It’s very annoying, as hands free Siri without having to plug in to CarPlay every time is a huge perk I grew to rely on. My guess is it’s an Apple issue but I haven’t seen any similar complaints on forums.
I had a similar issue after updating to iOS 13 where pressing the steering wheel button would bring up the Siri prompt but there would be no interaction. A hard reboot of my phone fixed the problem (Vol Up, Vol Down, long press Power until Apple logo appears).

OP
OP
Durham

Durham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Touring Sedan ABM
Country flag
I had a similar issue after updating to iOS 13 where pressing the steering wheel button would bring up the Siri prompt but there would be no interaction. A hard reboot of my phone fixed the problem (Vol Up, Vol Down, long press Power until Apple logo appears).
Bless you! This worked! Hoping it keeps working. Thanks !!
Sponsored