First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
[QUOTE = "RollSeven, publicación: 1051124, miembro: 47315"]
Sí, mi dirección solo se vuelve pegajosa cuando el auto se calienta, lo que nunca toma mucho tiempo, especialmente en los días calurosos en Florida. Estaré bastante decepcionado si esto sucede incluso después de reemplazar el módulo EPS. Para que quede claro, el módulo EPS y la cremallera de dirección son dos reparaciones diferentes, ¿correcto? ¿Cuánto cuesta reemplazar el módulo EPS? Y para las personas que leí que están gastando 3k en una nueva cremallera de dirección, eso es terrible si el problema regresa.
[/CITA]

You will need to change the complete EPS rack that is almos 1.7K$ Without installation, so you can see is not cheap, my idea is use something like a reflective cloth or anything like this for to isolate the EPS rack
Thanks for the additional info, sir. That is so much money. It makes me want to trade the car in instead of spending all that money on a 2016 vehicle, especially when the issue might arise again in the future. Honda should recall these vehicles. I'm so disappointed.
Sponsored

RollSeven

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the additional info, sir. That is so much money. It makes me want to trade the car in instead of spending all that money on a 2016 vehicle, especially when the issue might arise again in the future. Honda should recall these vehicles. I'm so disappointed.
The only thing is that my car is paid off and has low miles, so that makes this issue even more frustrating. Imagine sinking about 3k into a 2016 vehicle and then the issue comes back in a couple years. Then I'll sink 6k into a 2016 when I could use that money for a newer car. I'm not sure what to do.

Yukiiz

First Name
Yuki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan 16
Country flag
Your are welcome sir

Yukiiz

First Name
Yuki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan 16
Country flag
Do you think my mechanic would be able to construct a heat shield or install reflective material around the steering rack?
You can even do it yourself, it's just a matter of testing and seeing if it works

Yukiiz

First Name
Yuki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan 16
Country flag
Do you think my mechanic would be able to construct a heat shield or install reflective material around the steering rack?
Hello again sir, I watched a video in YouTube where I saw that the front pipe is literally under above the steering rack but really close on a SI I think could be the same in all models but my question here is if is possible to completely WRAP this pipe with wrap heat.

RollSeven

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Hello again sir, I watched a video in YouTube where I saw that the front pipe is literally under above the steering rack but really close on a SI I think could be the same in all models but my question here is if is possible to completely WRAP this pipe with wrap heat.
Ohhh, I understand now. The pipe you are referring to is the front exhaust pipe? I think I will look online for the product "wrap heat" and see if the dealership or my mechanic will do it for me..I don't have the tools to get underneath my car to apply it. Thanks very much for this additional information, Yukiz. If they are able to do it I will have them take photos and I will post them. Your idea is very good.

schmiddr2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-L
Country flag
I've had this problem a lot. I've had Honda do an alignment twice. Both times the problem went away for a period of time, I think more than a year. Does this imply the steering position sensor being reset during the alignment is the fix?

Yukiiz

First Name
Yuki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan 16
Country flag
Ohhh, I understand now. The pipe you are referring to is the front exhaust pipe? I think I will look online for the product "wrap heat" and see if the dealership or my mechanic will do it for me..I don't have the tools to get underneath my car to apply it. Thanks very much for this additional information, Yukiz. If they are able to do it I will have them take photos and I will post them. Your idea is very good.
As you can see here, they are literally together son when the weather is hot or you drive for long time the amount of heat that the rack receive is big IMO… here the link for buy it and you go to your mechanic Exhaust Heat wrap

Honda Civic 10th gen Steering is stiff and notchy feeling E987DB02-8253-4F2D-B679-9685D8FE00D2

Yukiiz

First Name
Yuki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan 16
Country flag
I've had this problem a lot. I've had Honda do an alignment twice. Both times the problem went away for a period of time, I think more than a year. Does this imply the steering position sensor being reset during the alignment is the fix?
well sir so far the only solution is to change the ESP rack complete and the change cost around 3K$$ without warranty

Rick

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 1.5L EX-L
Country flag
Good thoughts guys! I am still on the fence to do the 3k repair but would anticipate it not being a factor once it cools off here in PA. So likely push a decision off till next year.

My civic is used primarily for shorter drives so I wonder how much of a difference the wrap would do for me.
I still am waiting for a quote from an autobody shop (Honda certified) to see if they would be any cheaper.
I trust them do do a professional job so if there is a savings I’ll let the forum know of options should they do the full repair.
good luck! Nice car but dang this EPS deal is frustrating.

schmiddr2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-L
Country flag
well sir so far the only solution is to change the ESP rack complete and the change cost around 3K$$ without warranty
Yes, that may be. But why does the problem go away temporarily after an alignment?

Also, currently I get an $150 alignment every 1-2 years and the problem goes away. To me this is a better fix as it will take 20-40 years before it will cost me $3,000. And an alignment is good to get anyway to help with tire wear pattern and steering straight. I kind of stumbled across this by asking the dealer to try to an alignment to see if anything is out of specification, which it was some, but I think adjusting the steering wheel sensor is what is working. I also am not suggesting this will fix any other car, but it does seem to solve this sticking steering problem for me. And it may be important that I'm getting the alignment at Honda, not another company like Ford or Firestone.

Last edited:

Yukiiz

First Name
Yuki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan 16
Country flag
Yes, that may be. But why does the problem go away temporarily after an alignment?

Also, currently I get an $150 alignment every 1-2 years and the problem goes away. To me this is a better fix as it will take 20-40 years before it will cost me $3,000. And an alignment is good to get anyway to help with tire wear pattern and steering straight. I kind of stumbled across this by asking the dealer to try to an alignment to see if anything is out of specification, which it was some, but I think adjusting the steering wheel sensor is what is working. I also am not suggesting this will fix any other car, but it does seem to solve this sticking steering problem for me. And it may be important that I'm getting the alignment at Honda, not another company like Ford or Firestone.
If you can read some comments before will read that the main problem here is the temperature and I don’t remember where I saw that the problem come back even changing the eps rack after around 50K Klm

Yukiiz

First Name
Yuki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan 16
Country flag
Good thoughts guys! I am still on the fence to do the 3k repair but would anticipate it not being a factor once it cools off here in PA. So likely push a decision off till next year.

My civic is used primarily for shorter drives so I wonder how much of a difference the wrap would do for me.
I still am waiting for a quote from an autobody shop (Honda certified) to see if they would be any cheaper.
I trust them do do a professional job so if there is a savings I’ll let the forum know of options should they do the full repair.
good luck! Nice car but dang this EPS deal is frustrating.
The idea of the wrap is just a PROBABLY SOLUTION, because I didn’t tested but I read in a forum that someone had the problem again even change the EPs rack after 50K klm

Rick

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 1.5L EX-L
Country flag
The idea of the wrap is just a PROBABLY SOLUTION, because I didn’t tested but I read in a forum that someone had the problem again even change the EPs rack after 50K klm
Yes. Not disagreeing with any ideas here.
also the alingment should not have any correlation to the EPS issue- so that is odd and the first I have heard it being a factor. I wonder if at the time of the alingment the EPS/ steering was also recalibrated? So for the time being I will wait and see.
Sponsored