Steering Feels Different After Service

zeppelin2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Picked up my 2019 Civic Type R two weeks ago. It now has 1 500 kms (~1 000 miles) on it. Brought it to the dealer to fix the buzzing noise I was hearing when pressing down the clutch at around 5 000 rpms. Also had the brakes serviced to reduce the squeal when creeping to a stop.

Turns out that re-positioning the clutch line seems to have fixed the buzzing noise. And the brakes are now better behaved.

BUT, I immediately noticed when I picked up the car that the steering had more play and was lighter. I don't like it at all.

I keep the car in the default Sport mode 90%+ of the time and now it feels like I get the steering from Comfort mode. Switching modes to both Comfort and +R does change the weight of the steering, but all three modes don't feel the same as before.

The only other thing to mention is that the battery was disconnected during the service.

Any ideas what could have caused the change in steering?
Sponsored

Last edited:

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
If the computers were reset from the battery disconnect I'd be willing to bet it will "re-learn" the behavior you are used to. I think you may be noticing the return to zero on all the computers little adjustments it has made over the course of you driving it.

OP
OP
zeppelin2

zeppelin2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If the computers were reset from the battery disconnect I'd be willing to bet it will "re-learn" the behavior you are used to. I think you may be noticing the return to zero on all the computers little adjustments it has made over the course of you driving it.
I think you're right! The steering seems back to how I remember it after having driven it for a few days. :)
Sponsored