Steele wheels for winter fitment test (pics) they fit!

GurinderM

First Name
Gurinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Hey yall,

Just received my new Steel wheels 18x8 with winters mounted on them, gonna throw them on my 2020 ctr. I purchased from PMC tire and their online site has %100 guaranteed fitment I know the manual says that 18x8 is recommended for a winter setup but even after all this I want to do my very own wheel fitment test.

What should I be looking for when I put the wheel on to ensure the fitment is good? What sorts of test should I do??

ill be sure to post pics when they're on as well, haven't ever seen steel wheels on an R so maybe itll be a first.
Sponsored

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Move the car forward and back, and then take them off to validate callipers aren't scraped.
I was thinking of doing the same....but after seeing the pics the looks isn't for me unfortunately

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I don't have them on at the moment, nor do I have any good close ups from last winter. I can show you them mounted from a distance and what my calipers look like today if you want
Anything will do!

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OMG the wheel gap is INSANE!!!! WTF

Those are 18x8?????? Why not go with a higher profile tire???? You would think with pot holes that develop during winter time one would want a higher profile tire!

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Those are 18x8?????? Why not go with a higher profile tire???? You would think with pot holes that develop during winter time one would want a higher profile tire!
I'm 95% that is the recommended alternate size in the Canadian owners manual

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag

Those pictures are with the car jacked up. You can just barely see the scissor jack in each picture.
I'm sure it looks more normal on the ground.

EDIT: The tire size is almost legible in the first pic. Looks like 235/40R18 which is only slightly downsized from 245/30R20

OP
OP

GurinderM

First Name
Gurinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic

Car is still up on a jack in the pic lol

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I run a winter wheel and tire set up here in Colorado mostly so that I can get to work everyday (and, really, to driver faster and safer). I bought a set of 18 Gram Lights 57DR for a winter set up. Other than $$, I'm not sure why I would put a set of steel wheels on a car like a CTR. I certainly would not want to look at the steel wheels for 6 months of the year. And, when you sell the CTR, a good aftermarket wheel can be sold, recouping some of the initial costs.