Stealth sub/amp recommendations?

scott5626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
So if I buy the Rockford to install in my EX-T should I just buy the amp kit and not the LOC?
Sponsored

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
Awesome, isn't it? I wonder what two of them would sound like.

spnewera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Black
Finally got it installed. :spaz: Definitely an improvement, especially at low volumes.

image.jpeg
Sick! My sub actually slid around a lot (we have it in the same place) so the place actually gave me a velcro strip to put on the sub and on the mat. Try and see if that'll help it not to move around too much. But definitely have to agree with you-- it literally makes a world of difference. Load up some bass heavy songs and listen to your heart's content!
Also... I'll link you to this now as I'm finally taking action against the annoying rattle. Here's the amazon link. The thread on how to do it is in the DIY section!

scott5626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Sick! My sub actually slid around a lot (we have it in the same place) so the place actually gave me a velcro strip to put on the sub and on the mat. Try and see if that'll help it not to move around too much. But definitely have to agree with you-- it literally makes a world of difference. Load up some bass heavy songs and listen to your heart's content!
Also... I'll link you to this now as I'm finally taking action against the annoying rattle. Here's the amazon link. The thread on how to do it is in the DIY section!
Yep the sub came with some Velcro already. I alcoholed and stuck it down. Thanks for the rubber pad link. I love Amazon. Prime!

Jefreezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Remote Wire: A nice feature of the RF sub is that is has a automatic on feature so you don't have to run a remote wire. It will turn on and off automatically when it detects a signal from the speaker wire.

My setup was a bit different because I have the touring model so I just disconnected the stock sub and used those wires directly to the sub. For your setup I'm sure you would have to use a line out converter to tap into the rear speakers for a High signal.

I was very skeptical about buying a powered sub because I had always heard bad things about them, and in some of my previous cars I have had very elaborate after market audio systems. My goal with this was to add some bass and keep the stock system because I think the rest of the audio system in the car is fine. Long story short the sub hits very hard for one 10" sub with 300 watts. I originally had everything (gain, bass boost) set to about 50% but it was hitting to hard so I turned everything down significantly and it sounds great. It won't wake the neighbors when you're cruising down the street but it will def shake your rear view mirror.

I used 8 gauge wire.

The amp is rated at 300 watts RMS.
Quick question, so no remote wire, you are basically just running power to the sub, running the high input from rear deck speakers an grounding the system? Then you set the audio input as remote turn on? Thinking about installing this just wanna clarify the ease of install.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would always run a remote on/off switch. There may be times you wanna turn the amp off.

Otisg86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-L w/ Honda Sensing
thanks.jpg

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this thread for convincing me to get the rockford sub. I didn't wire it myself-- I paid to have someone do it because I didn't wanna screw things up nor do I have any of the tools. But the difference is literally night and day. I can actually enjoy music in my car now-- everything sounds so much cleaner. I was first against a trunk sub and wanted one under the passenger seat, but this was worth it 100%.
If anyone is on the fence about the sub, do it. I can't even turn the sub up to 40% capacity in bass because it gets too crazy. That rattle is annoying but I stuck a few socks up in crevices where I heard the ratting, and it helped a lot.

Thank you guys again!!
Where exactly were you getting the rattling? I have 2 10's and the rattle is very annoying. I heard it is mostly from the rear break light? Is this true?

Chris76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Depends on what model you have. I have the touring and didn't use a LOC for my install and the amp has a LOC built in anyways. You would also need to purchase a wiring kit for the power and ground. I used these speaker adapters for mine so I didn't have to cut any wires, but like I said I have the touring so I disconnected the factory sub and just used those wires.

http://www.amazon.com/Metra-72-7800...964689&sr=1-1&keywords=Honda+speaker+adapters
I'm thinking of adding this 10" sub woofer but know absolutely nothing regarding car stereo installation. How much will a typical car stereo installation charge for labor to hook this up? I was quoted $160. Is that crazy high since majority of the labor is running the power cable? I'm thinking of just hooking up the sub to the rear speaker wires (high).

spnewera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Black
Where exactly were you getting the rattling? I have 2 10's and the rattle is very annoying. I heard it is mostly from the rear break light? Is this true?
Yeah man, It's from the brake light. I followed the DIY tutorial on adding the sorboethane little nubs into the crevices of the back window, and it seems to have fixed my issues. Try it out!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ex-t
Country flag
Well it's not exactly "stealth" but it doesn't take up the whole trunk. I built and carpeted a box to fit on the side of the trunk. It's a 10" Alpine type-r SWR-10D4. Wired at 2 ohms on an alpine MRV-M500 at 500w. I did put an LC21 before the amp. Definitely necessary to restore the bass signal. It's nice and responsive and definitely puts the lows back into the music.

Honda Civic 10th gen Stealth sub/amp recommendations? {filename}

Here's a better shot of the box shape.

Last edited:

DontDrinknDerive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Well it's not exactly "stealth" but it doesn't take up the whole trunk. I built and carpeted a box to fit on the side of the trunk. It's a 10" Alpine type-r SWR-10D4. Wired at 2 ohms on an alpine MRV-M500 at 500w. I did put an LC21 before the amp. Definitely necessary to restore the bass signal. It's nice and responsive and definitely puts the lows back into the music.

Here's a better shot of the box shape.

What are your settings for the lc2i and amp? That is, how did you setup the threshold, accubass, and amp gain? I installed a similar setup this past weekend but I haven't found the best settings yet. Bass roll off starts at vol 20 for my ears, but maybe someone with a RTA can confirm?

I know it will all depend on personal preference but I'd like to hear what others have done.

SoonerinFL

BOOMER!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T and 2016 Acura TLX Base