Stealth sub/amp recommendations?

rackz30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 exl
So I bought my Rockford Fosgate subs like 2 months ago, got too excited about it!!! :love::love::love: But since Im not good with wires and stuff plus I dont have any tools that I can use, I went to my local subs installer and he said he cant do it coz he's not so familiar with the new technology that comes with civic '16. So I was like ok lets move on. I drove an extra 30 miles and went to this another store that can install my subs and to my dismay, he said he's not familiar with it as well :( :(:( and he even frankly told me that he's scared that if he try, he might mess up with my car speakers. :cry::cry::cry: So now, Im stuck with my subwoofer sitting in my trunk unplugged, unused and sad. WHY!!!!!!! :dunno:
Sponsored

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
went to this another store that can install my subs and to my dismay, he said he's not familiar with it as well :( :(:( and he even frankly told me that he's scared that if he try, he might mess up with my car speakers.
Damn, those are some dumb installers. Either that or they're just making excuses because they don't want the work because it's too small a job to bother with or something. All they need to do is tap the speaker wires to pull a signal for the sub amp and run power to it. It's no different than adding a sub to a 25 year old car would be. I hate to say it but is there a Best Buy near you? I think they would do it.

rackz30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 exl
Damn, those are some dumb installers. Either that or they're just making excuses because they don't want the work because it's too small a job to bother with or something. All they need to do is tap the speaker wires to pull a signal for the sub amp and run power to it. It's no different than adding a sub to a 25 year old car would be. I hate to say it but is there a Best Buy near you? I think they would do it.
YES there is bestbuy closeby. I got so sad really when they said they cant install it. I got scared too since I know nothing about that stuff and this guy telling me that he might ruin my entire sound system then hell no. lol. I js need someone that can help me set it up.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag

Steven H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
I have an EX-L so no factory sub in mine, and the area where the touring sub would go is just sheet metal. I was thinking of installing this kenwood KSC-SW11 (http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KSC-SW11-Compact-Enclosed-Subwoofer/dp/B00BO8O9XQ) in the same place, I think I could make it fit up there below the brake light.

My question is: to tap into the rear speakers for the signal for the LOC, is there any way I could do it without cutting/tapping/soldering the wire directly? If I use a honda speaker adapter (such as http://www.amazon.com/Metra-72-7800-Connector-Harnesses-Vehicles/dp/B0002BEPJY), that's only the end that plugs into the harness, effectively disconnecting the speaker. Does anyone sell the opposite gender of connector so I can make a plug-and-play tap for the rear speaker wires?
Im suprised I havent heard someone mention t taps. Clip it right over your factory speaker wire. Then put some male adapters on your new wires and there ya go. No splicing or soldering.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im suprised I havent heard someone mention t taps. Clip it right over your factory speaker wire. Then put some male adapters on your new wires and there ya go. No splicing or soldering.
done did it

vonlaser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Looking to upgrade my sport hatch system and wondering if using the sport touring sub enclosure would be doable. I'm not trying to replicate the factory upgraded system, but the factory hatch sub looks like the perfect stealth box.

39140-TEA-A01
https://i.imgur.com/ZMBNToy.png
#5 in the drawing
~$150

anybody have any experience with this? or maybe provide better pics of it in their hatch!

Last edited:

vonlaser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Found that the sport touring uses a different trunk lining under the sub.

https://i.imgur.com/joicLCq.png
#5 is sport 84601-TGG-A01ZA
#6 is sport touring 84601-TGG-A11ZA

Potential to diy and cut the hole that the sport touring has?

Mikeguyver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed the Cerwin Vega underseat woofer myself. Really easy. Sounds great with the stock setup. I also installed the JBL-GTO9T tweeters as well.
Honda Civic 10th gen Stealth sub/amp recommendations? IMG_20170219_153740

Steven H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
I noticed in my Hatch that the passenger seat is a bit lower than my drivers side. :S

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag
Has anybody had trouble with their head unit after disconnecting the battery for an extended period?
I'm soon to do my audio indtall and dont want any surprises.
I dont need a head unit security key code or anything from Honda right?

sinewave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIvic EX W/Sense
Country flag
Has anybody had trouble with their head unit after disconnecting the battery for an extended period?
I'm soon to do my audio indtall and dont want any surprises.
I dont need a head unit security key code or anything from Honda right?
It may throw a bunch of sensor errors when you first power it up but after you drive it and let the sensors calibrate it will correct.

t2j

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Thinking about attempting this install soon. Does anyone with a touring model have a pic of how the aftermarket sub is hooked up using those Honda speaker harnesses to the factory sub. Complete audio noob here sorry
Sponsored