OP
Gherbo23

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
What did you do for removing/replacing the rear upper spoiler?
it’s just two bolts underneath the trunk. I believe they’re a 10mm bolt on each side then just carefully pop off the spoiler. I replaced the stock spoiler with type r vortex generators
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gherbo23

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Few more updates:

installed a catless downpipe after heavily debating catted or catless. I had a resonator delete when I first bought the car 1.5 years ago, and was happy with the sound of it since I’m not a fan of any catback and was terrified of the rasp. I went with the Megan racing 2.5” catless and heat wrapped/sprayed it. Car was a rasp machine, but I had a new vibrant resonator on hand so had that welded on and the sound is beautiful. 0 rasp, and the engine just breathes so much better now.

also switched to phearable tune but not sure if I prefer it over the tsp tune. No biggie, will be dyno tuned soon once I get ethanol and maybe w1 turbo going.

I got some new side markers, and wrapped the car in satin black. It looks so mean and aggressive now.

planning on going FMIC and charge pipes soon, then doing some big power mods. Excited to get this thing to fly.

my buddy has a FBO SI and I can pull ahead in a race from a dig or a roll, so this thing is pretty quick already! Don’t sleep on the CVT haha

included some photos of both of our cars. We went out on a cruise last night and it was the most I’ve ever pushed this car. Was an absolute blast

Honda Civic 10th gen Stealth hatch ECAD4C64-5D3B-4E58-A5E2-57A9474D257D

Honda Civic 10th gen Stealth hatch 993E8450-B56F-419F-9F64-D23E72BC2E2A

Honda Civic 10th gen Stealth hatch 371878AA-8776-4D53-9C4D-9D9A3436FC6B

Honda Civic 10th gen Stealth hatch 6873DF14-1125-465D-8DCE-B16DCC0863C5

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This is a HELLA clean build, love to see another CVT hatchback looking to push the envelope. I just got springs in for mine, waiting on the 27won FTSB and the White line RSB. Downpipe and some minor cosmetics will be next before moving onto a new tune.

Can't wait to see what you do if you pull the trigger on doing the turbo upgrade to the W1. It's something I mull over in my head pretty often but the CVT just keeps it in my head versus in my hands.

OP
OP
Gherbo23

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is a HELLA clean build, love to see another CVT hatchback looking to push the envelope. I just got springs in for mine, waiting on the 27won FTSB and the White line RSB. Downpipe and some minor cosmetics will be next before moving onto a new tune.

Can't wait to see what you do if you pull the trigger on doing the turbo upgrade to the W1. It's something I mull over in my head pretty often but the CVT just keeps it in my head versus in my hands.
thanks man! I’m really cautious too, I’m always on here reading threads and seeing numbers and annoying Drob with too many questions lol. I’m definitely going to get a flex fuel kit and intercooler and charge pipes soon, then head over for a tune on that. Would really like to not blow this trans up, and flex fuel + intercooler would keep temps down. If that’s not enough for me, then I may pop a w1 in there. If it’s “almost” enough, I may just gut the rear seats, lighter hood, and throw some nicer driver and passenger seats in and call it there. Should be about 100lbs taken off of the car, which would probably get me to the enough point. Lots to decide on. The w1 is really only for top end power anyway, so I’m not sure it’s worth the 1400$ to me, I like doing quick acceleration pulls. If I can get to 250hp and 250 torque on flex at around e35, and drop 100 lbs that would probably be plenty of power.

the strut bar and sway bar are really fantastic mods all around, you’ll have a hard time not ripping it around every corner haha

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
thanks man! I’m really cautious too, I’m always on here reading threads and seeing numbers and annoying Drob with too many questions lol. I’m definitely going to get a flex fuel kit and intercooler and charge pipes soon, then head over for a tune on that. Would really like to not blow this trans up, and flex fuel + intercooler would keep temps down. If that’s not enough for me, then I may pop a w1 in there. If it’s “almost” enough, I may just gut the rear seats, lighter hood, and throw some nicer driver and passenger seats in and call it there. Should be about 100lbs taken off of the car, which would probably get me to the enough point. Lots to decide on. The w1 is really only for top end power anyway, so I’m not sure it’s worth the 1400$ to me, I like doing quick acceleration pulls. If I can get to 250hp and 250 torque on flex at around e35, and drop 100 lbs that would probably be plenty of power.

the strut bar and sway bar are really fantastic mods all around, you’ll have a hard time not ripping it around every corner haha
A really light flex mix has been my other thought. That's about where my goals are for the car as well. I was joking with my cousin about ditching the rear seats and getting a pair of Corbeaus for the front LMAO.

OP
OP
Gherbo23

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A really light flex mix has been my other thought. That's about where my goals are for the car as well. I was joking with my cousin about ditching the rear seats and getting a pair of Corbeaus for the front LMAO.
haha every joke has some truth to it right?

on a serious note though, I don’t want to get rid of the rear seats, but I also rarely have more than 1 other passenger, and when I do, it’s usually only a third person. Also, satin is really hard to keep clean, most people my age aren’t respectful of others cars, and a wrap isn’t cheap so getting rid of the rears would be a great excuse as to why I can’t load up my car for a ride home from the bar. I definitely want to replace the fronts after my power mods are taken care of

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
haha every joke has some truth to it right?

on a serious note though, I don’t want to get rid of the rear seats, but I also rarely have more than 1 other passenger, and when I do, it’s usually only a third person. Also, satin is really hard to keep clean, most people my age aren’t respectful of others cars, and a wrap isn’t cheap so getting rid of the rears would be a great excuse as to why I can’t load up my car for a ride home from the bar. I definitely want to replace the fronts after my power mods are taken care of
I have minded the seats and cleaning them for the most part but after about two years there are some stains that just wanna stick around. I'm hoping to get some new coilpacks for shits, intercooler, and downpipe in by May/June with the FL heat starting to kick back up.

OP
OP
Gherbo23

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have minded the seats and cleaning them for the most part but after about two years there are some stains that just wanna stick around. I'm hoping to get some new coilpacks for shits, intercooler, and downpipe in by May/June with the FL heat starting to kick back up.
ive toyed with the idea of coils too, they’re not crazy expensive, but not too many are running them yet. Not sure if they’d realistically do anything and I don’t believe most people when they say their butt dyno feels the difference. A half vs full tank of gas could make you feel a difference too when you’re looking for one. If someone can drop some concrete evidence on it that’d be great.

maybe I’ll take matters into my own hands and run stock coils and some aftermarkets on different dyno pulls when I go for my tune....for science

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
ive toyed with the idea of coils too, they’re not crazy expensive, but not too many are running them yet. Not sure if they’d realistically do anything and I don’t believe most people when they say their butt dyno feels the difference. A half vs full tank of gas could make you feel a difference too when you’re looking for one. If someone can drop some concrete evidence on it that’d be great.

maybe I’ll take matters into my own hands and run stock coils and some aftermarkets on different dyno pulls when I go for my tune....for science
Might get some very SLIGHT differences since we're already running tunes. But it's an interesting idea. I saw it in another thread and it got my brain moving a bit.

OP
OP
Gherbo23

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got the 27won TIP in the mail today. Having fitment complications with the coupler so I have to wait to see if a different coupler they offer will fit my cold air without too much issue. I could’ve cut the 27won coupler and clamped to fit but figured that was probably no bueno for airflow.

also gave it a rinse since it was looking dusty. Satin black is tough to keep clean on dusty roads

Honda Civic 10th gen Stealth hatch 7601D173-0319-45A8-B318-0C0AE8BB9758

Honda Civic 10th gen Stealth hatch 520780ED-7C68-4E88-A21F-4AF9ECB84407

Honda Civic 10th gen Stealth hatch 76DBAC13-E302-476C-BD2E-8C4C338C671E

OP
OP
Gherbo23

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dyno day is confirmed for April 7! Still waiting for an FMIC, charge pipes, and flex kit to arrive. FBO + ethanol, and hoping for the 250/250 hp/tq. Pretty excited

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
I put on a hfp style lip in black. Very subtle change on a sport, but it was cheap so whatever and I think less can be more with these cars. Also pics of the rear sway bar.

My vents ended up turning out sloppy lol they didn’t go as planned, but I kinda like it as long as you’re not closely inspecting it

DAABD03C-B691-4C3D-B278-7ADFED211C29.jpeg

80FF734A-412F-49C4-A6DE-C697FA180882.jpeg

2A96BD00-6D4A-4580-B594-CACF3D3458F6.jpeg

AD260243-F29E-45BA-9B50-AC8595429647.jpeg
Is that an ebay lip? The HFP style ebay lips I've seen are three piece, and I'd rather have a one piece.