Static sound from front passenger side

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Did anyone's Type R suddenly have this kind of low static sound come from their front side passenger? I think it might be coming from the speakers. I can hear it when the audio is off as well. Usually, I hear it once the car is past 35mph. It just happened to have this sound one day. Not quite sure what to make of it. Would definitely like to hear if anyone on the forums are experiencing this and what was the fix? Otherwise, I'm probably going to bring it to the dealership to take a look at once my schedule frees up.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Random

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
After driving a bit more today, I was able to get a more pronounced and consistent buzzing sound coming on that is in similar tone at 4k+ RPM. In the lower RPMs, it comes faintly on and off so I thought it sounded more like a static issue. Seems like something is loose and could be vibrating a lot to cause the buzzing sound.

deep-typer

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did you get past this issue? I just got into a 2020 Type R. Exact issue as you described.

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
I have a similar issue, but it seems to be the topmost trim piece below the rear passenger window.

HiSpdTouring

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR #9202
Country flag
Try and see if it is coming from the tweeter. I had this happen to me to my driver rear tweeter and it would make noise depending on what type of road I was on. I had the dealer replace the tweeter and I thought it fixed the issue but came back so I just gave up on it. I recently saw someone on a FB FK8 group that had the familiar issue with his driver front tweeter. So what he did was pulled out the tweeter and wrapped some tape around the back of the tweeter to absorb the noise. Appears to have worked. I'm wanting to try but not sure if I can just pop out the driver rear tweeter without taking the door panel off.

deep-typer

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I will take it to the local dealer once this Covid stuff subsides. Let's see what they can do.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
from their front side passenger
Maybe you just need to get a new passenger? Or install an Oh Shit handle?

Have you disabled Active Sound Control? No reason to believe it's that, but it's easy to disable and imo worth trying.

deep-typer

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Have you disabled Active Sound Control? No reason to believe it's that, but it's easy to disable and imo worth trying.
I will give that a try. However, many pre-2020 folks have reported the same issue. There was no ASC then. So I suspect it's the culprit. I understand where you are coming from though (y)

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
I started getting this a few days ago. It seems every summer some sort of new rattle shows up for a while, but it always goes away in the fall/winter. Temps just started getting hot in NC (90+ degrees with plenty of humidity), so I kind of expect this sort of thing to occur. My new exhaust causes a bit more vibration, too, so that has added to the overall toll on the vibrating bits.

Last year I had a center speaker (front of the dash) vibration, but that went away in the winter. Now it's the passenger side door (probably the tweeter based on the sound). So yeah, I have this issue now that it's getting hot. Maybe I will find time to fix it or maybe the cooler weather in the fall will correct it for me.

sobabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2004 TW EP3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I heard it for the firs time in my 2019 the other day. Initially I thought the passenger speaker broke and was spewing static.

Anyone get it fixed by going to a dealer?

PK1

NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000, 2019 Type R
Country flag
Im having same issue with my 2019 FK8. Heard it this morning. in the back door driver side.

My front tweeters btw dont like high volumen mexican music, makes them buzz alot!!!

Fk8Desu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '13 Acura TL SHAWD, '12 Acura RDX, '05 Acura TSX
Country flag
I had this issue on my front passenger side tweeter and rear drivers side tweeter. It sounds like static or something vibrating in the speaker. I noticed it goes away after pushing in the black plastic trim around the tweeter and fiddling with it. It's annoying as fck and comes back after a few days.
Sponsored