DSchneider92

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
I have a 2017 civic si coupe and I can’t find where the starter is located. Anyone know where it’s hiding?
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
You'll need to get under the car to see it. Its on the back side of the motor under where the injectors are.

OP
OP
DSchneider92

DSchneider92

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
You'll need to get under the car to see it. Its on the back side of the motor under where the injectors are.
Thanks. I had a weird crank today so I went to get the battery tested and they said it was the starter. If the starter was bad wouldn’t it not start at all?

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks. I had a weird crank today so I went to get the battery tested and they said it was the starter. If the starter was bad wouldn’t it not start at all?
Only if it completely fails. A starter going bad will still crank the engine but more and more often it will take longer and longer to crank until the car doesn't start anymore. You might be able to use jumper cables for awhile but then that will also not work anymore.

The symptoms are very similar to a battery dying.
But the way you know its the battery is if things like the dash and lights also start giving problems.

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag

I'm not sure if the 10 gens have a remote starter solenoid or if it is part of the starter motor. If it is remote (located away from starter motor), then I'd suspect that as the culprit, as not providing enough power to turn over starter properly. Try a search & see if they are a single unit or split. HTH
Sponsored