Tiravete

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 Hatchback EX (CVT)
Hi,
I'm new in this world of ECU tunning. I own a Ktuner V1 And the latest software version came with a few new maps including "Starter Dual target 21 PSI" I'm wondering how to make this map like the Stage 2. I included some images with the setting I think may give the result I'm looking for, also I want to keep the factory eco mode behavior but when shifting to Sport mode, acts like the Stage 2. Any advice are welcome.
Honda Civic 10th gen Starter Dual target 21 PSI? ktuner-1
Honda Civic 10th gen Starter Dual target 21 PSI? ktuner-2

***Civic hatchback 2017 EX***

OP
OP

Tiravete

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi @KTuner,
Are this settings are the correct to make this "Starter Dual target 21 PSI" same as stage 2, do I need to do something else?, The ECO Button selection, when shift to sport in eco mode it override to "stage 2", Help appreciated, I'm not willing to paid for a custom map, so I want to maximize this map.

View attachment 66306
View attachment 66307

Honda Civic 10th gen Starter Dual target 21 PSI? dual 21 psi-1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Starter Dual target 21 PSI? dual 21 psi-2JPG.JPG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hi @KTuner,
Are this settings are the correct to make this "Starter Dual target 21 PSI" same as stage 2, do I need to do something else?, The ECO Button selection, when shift to sport in eco mode it override to "stage 2", Help appreciated, I'm not willing to paid for a custom map, so I want to maximize this map.

View attachment 66306
View attachment 66307

dual 21 psi-1.JPG

dual 21 psi-2JPG.JPG

You are beyond stage 2 with this.

OP
OP

Tiravete

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are beyond stage 2 with this.
But it's safe?, this is my daily driving car, so what are the setup here for a stage 2, with the eco mode feature, I don't want to screwup

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The stage 2 can't be replicated this way. Boost Target Ramp being disabled is pretty aggressive, you may want to dial that back to a lower setting and see if you like where it's at first, then step it up if you want to continue.

OP
OP

Tiravete

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone willing to share a setup for this starter map, similar to stage 2, PM if desired. I'm wondering why there is not a thread to share/learn/play with this kind of setup.

OP
OP

Tiravete

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@KTuner, Do not take me wrong, just a constructive criticism, you can do it better, maybe you are a super busy person ,etc, but your answer are superficial. It would have been easier if you had told me exactly what I'm looking for, also I think there is room to improve the online help.
Thanks.

Louiemark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
lol. honestly all you have to do is search the forms a bit. I can tell you right now, shifting it into S will not override ECO.

Here are some resources to get caught up with ktuner:

http://www.civicx.com/threads/new-ktuner-version-1-0-6-2-released.14563/
http://www.civicx.com/threads/ktuner-update-4-17-17.10557/
http://www.civicx.com/threads/ktuner-share-files.14482/

Also, its hard to answer whats "safe" once you reflash because every car is different and also a liability. Anyone can tell you the settings to put in to make it run the way you want to but if something goes wrong, no one wants to get blamed they told you. Your best bet is to actually get a tuner who knows what they're doing or stick with the "staged" tunes since they have been tested already.

OP
OP

Tiravete

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol. honestly all you have to do is search the forms a bit. I can tell you right now, shifting it into S will not override ECO.

Here are some resources to get caught up with ktuner:

http://www.civicx.com/threads/new-ktuner-version-1-0-6-2-released.14563/
http://www.civicx.com/threads/ktuner-update-4-17-17.10557/
http://www.civicx.com/threads/ktuner-share-files.14482/

Also, its hard to answer whats "safe" once you reflash because every car is different and also a liability. Anyone can tell you the settings to put in to make it run the way you want to but if something goes wrong, no one wants to get blamed they told you. Your best bet is to actually get a tuner who knows what they're doing or stick with the "staged" tunes since they have been tested already.
Thank you for your help very appreciated.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
If you want the limits of what your car can do just pay @VitViper to tune your car, if you want to chance it with stuff you don't seem to know all that well nobody else wants to help you blow up your car.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
@KTuner, Do not take me wrong, just a constructive criticism, you can do it better, maybe you are a super busy person ,etc, but your answer are superficial. It would have been easier if you had told me exactly what I'm looking for, also I think there is room to improve the online help.
Thanks.
There's definitely room to improve the online help and that's been happening little by little.

I can't suggest settings for you to run. We allow customization to change drivability to fit the driver. What settings work for you will be entirely up to you and I suggested you read reviews from others who have shared their experiences to get a feel of where you might want to start. Enjoy!

yht29

BOOST PATROL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP Sport, CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want the limits of what your car can do just pay @VitViper to tune your car, if you want to chance it with stuff you don't seem to know all that well nobody else wants to help you blow up your car.
This. This isn't like overclocking a CPU we're talking about Tuning parameters for an engine. Any further adjustments should be done by someone with experience. Every car has slight differences and small tolerances. What if there is something defective in your car and KTuner gives you some parameters that would cause it to fail. Who would be to blame? The tuner or the user?

OP
OP

Tiravete

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This. This isn't like overclocking a CPU we're talking about Tuning parameters for an engine. Any further adjustments should be done by someone with experience. Every car has slight differences and small tolerances. What if there is something defective in your car and KTuner gives you some parameters that would cause it to fail. Who would be to blame? The tuner or the user?
I have to laugh. some people seems to forget that what you just said can apply to any of the three stage maps you got when you purchased the V1 or V2. I just was asking for a similar stage 2 setup in the quick parameters, I don't think that's makes too much difference from what I got when bought my V1, the only difference is that I want to have the eco mode as came from factory plus similar stage 2 behavior in regular mode. He knows very well those settings I don't think he'll blowup my engine by telling me. Anyway for me this topic is closed.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I have to laugh. some people seems to forget that what you just said can apply to any of the three stage maps you got when you purchased the V1 or V2. I just was asking for a similar stage 2 setup in the quick parameters, I don't think that's makes too much difference from what I got when bought my V1, the only difference is that I want to have the eco mode as came from factory plus similar stage 2 behavior in regular mode. He knows very well those settings I don't think he'll blowup my engine by telling me. Anyway for me this topic is closed.
As I mentioned earlier stage 2 can't be replicated that way since the changed values do not match the presets, but if you do improved spool II it will get you close to the same feel. Then anything additional is extra icing on the cake.
Sponsored