ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 2014 VFR800
Country flag
Hey all - I know this post is going to get a lot of flack from people telling me to get a new wife, suck it up or some other nonsense. I get it. I love the seats but my wife doesn’t, looking for help for answers only.

Wondering if a direct passenger seat swap from a standard civic Into a type R is possible in regards to the wiring and if there any issues with it. Wife hates the seats, Hates driving in my car simply because of that.

Had a focus ST before this with full leather Recaros, and let me tell you those seats were tight and not the most comfortable. I love the seats in the R and couldn’t be happier.

I am the only one who drives the car so it would need to be passenger seat only.
Sponsored

Last edited:

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
Ha! My wife hates the seat as well. I don't get it, I find it very comfortable, but she does not. She doesn't drive my car, and when we go anywhere together we take her CRV. Oh well...

I can't answer your question for sure, but I'd be very surprised if it wasn't a direct swap.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Wow. My wife actually loves the seats. The first time she looked inside the car she gave me the side-eye, but once she sat down, she was convinced.

In terms of a seat swap, I'm not certain, particularly about the side airbags. Best bet would be a cloth non-heated seat from a base model. I bet the connections on the heated models are different.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
From what I have collected in previous threads, the CTR mounts are different than the other Civics plus you got the whole airbag harnesses/sensors to worry about

OP
OP
ScubaLou

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s more or less what I was worried about was the compatibility, but it seems like a base model cloth non-heat it should work unless somebody can tell me different. The sensors and connections for the airbags and passenger load sensor are the only thing that would interfere, but I was hoping somebody actually knew.

She has a 2011 Nissan Sentra, which she has been looking to upgrade from for a while and I have been pushing her to do so… But needless to say it’s a cheap tin can that isn’t the most pleasant for driving or riding in. Doesn’t get my rocks off, and I am not too keen on her driving.... style lets call it.

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
my wife loves the seats as well. at first she didn't like them getting in an out but she finds them way more comfy vs my 9th gen Si seats.

like others had mentioned they use different mounts, but maybe get a custom bracket made? still not solving the airbags and sensors and such

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol, I will trade one of my sport touring leather seats for your Type R seat ? ?

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
ive had an ST & RS, both with the recaros that my fiance HATED. took for her for a drive after taking delivery of my R yest. and she loved the seats lol. you could deff. do a wider aftermarket seat but I think theres no way around the airbag light youre going to see

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
The RS seats where almost as stiff as the Evo X Recaros, both required a back exam after prolonged use.
ya she never wanted to take the RS on trips longer than 30 min lmao. that and when in the more aggressive drive modes is rough

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag
ya she never wanted to take the RS on trips longer than 30 min lmao. that and when in the more aggressive drive modes is rough
In a year of owning it I never drove for more than a mile in track mode, life is too short to have your fillings rattled out...

Over9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
I haven't got my type R yet. But I've already warned my wife. If she don't like the seats. Then she's walking everywhere. Tbh, I've already set a host of rules of things that can't be done when in the car.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
It'll be cheaper to buy her a bus pass than to buy a new seat...

Or maybe just get a cushion or something.

OP
OP
ScubaLou

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It'll be cheaper to buy her a bus pass than to buy a new seat...

Or maybe just get a cushion or something.
Currently there’s a dog that on the passenger seat, which is good for both her and the dog! Two birds with one stone. No dirty paws on the seat.

Living in the country 15 minutes from the nearest business doesn’t lend itself to bus ride him too well either though…

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Did you try getting your wife some back support?
Sponsored