Stalling issue in 2022 civic

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I really would like to join the new forum but right now I am attempting to return the vehicle. Corporate is really busy and I am having issues. There is a slight possibility they will refuse and I will have to wait for a recall I believe will never happen. Going on that forum I saw civics with great gas mileage but there was one dude who had a faulty fuel pump like me and does not know it.

At this point I do not believe honda is aware or cares about the issue. The problem is demand is greater than supply any and all dealerships will not investigate the issue.
That is really disappointing of Honda.
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This tread is becoming UNBELIEVABLE.
From the posts it's difficult to determine if it's one or two or more vehicles.
Fool me once...

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic LX Black Pearl
Country flag
I'm sorry to confuse you I had a 2022 lx with the issues and then last friday I traded it in for the same type of car except it was the sports edition. Either case the car has the same rough idle issue and stalling. I apologize if someone else hijacked the thread with there oil leakage story but I feel sorry for them too. I apologize if I confused anyone as well.

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As much as I like Honda Civics it looks like this will be my last post. I owned three generation of Civics but noticed that they all had one issue after another. The 2016 had an ac compressor issue in which one dealer ripped me off by putting freon that leaked out. Had the 2019 hatchback that only averaged 23 mpg and had a recall for the fuel pump after I sold it three years later and also had some weird brake mitigation safety issue. And now the 2022 having the fuel pump problem that honda will not acknowledge until another three years later when some unfortunate soul will die on the road.

Tomorrow I am trading in my 2022 civic for a used 2021 corolla xle like all cars I know I will have some issues but I can live with it.

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually the plan was to return but right now the prices are still too high on used cars I will wait

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok I finally found a solution but I would use this before the fuel pump is totally gone after 5k or over driving.

Pour two bottles of fuel injector cleaner drive until tank is empty and then pour one more bottle in. Yesterday when I was driving I finally reached 30-40 mpg reading on the odometer when I reset it. It is possible this is a fluke and the faulty fuel pump is still faulty but when I was driving to my sister this was the first time I cracked the 20mpg avg.

I got an email from Corporate about returning car but so far no district manager called.

lrioux1

First Name
Lucien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sedan 2022
Country flag
I have the same problem as you with my Civic sedan 2022, at a stop the engine stops which is normal but when we release the brakes it does not start again, we have to turn off the whole car and it ends up restarting but when advance there is a big loss of power, then I have to stop again and restart it another time. She is at the dealership now. They tell us that they have no such problem listed at Honda. I'll let you know.
I already know it's the fuel pump since after fuel injector cleaner was put in it will not stall also the cleaner does clean other components. So far even in econ mode I only avg 20.3 mpg. I bought a more severe cleaner tomorrow but it does not cost much and still cheaper than buying gas or to deal with a dealer.

There are recalls on the 2019 to 2021 models but none of them are civics and it says the vehicle will stall in those models because of the bad fuel pumps. I told the dealer I had a bad fuel pump and made an appointment next week however I am guessing down the road more 2022s will complain and a recall will eventually be done. I also left the adapter in and it's not stalling the car. It's a 180 v adapter rated for the car.

Hello Smulla, just got a phone call from my dealership, I will go to the dealership at 4:00 p.m. today to look for my civic 2022. it seems to me the problem was a relay in the fuel pump, the dealership has tested the car after having changed this part three days and no engine shutdown. I will keep you posted for my own test after 1 week.

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hello Smulla, just got a phone call from my dealership, I will go to the dealership at 4:00 p.m. today to look for my civic 2022. it seems to me the problem was a relay in the fuel pump, the dealership has tested the car after having changed this part three days and no engine shutdown. I will keep you posted for my own test after 1 week.
My problem is they cannot replicate my issue so they will not change the part. Putting the fuel injector cleaner only gave me a momentary boost still only avg 20.8 highway and road combined for driving. Only way to be sure it's the relay is keep driving and post here to let me know. With the accords having the same deformed fuel pumps this is hard for me to believe. The dealership did not drive the car long enough to replicate the issue so I have a hard time believing anything they say, but I hope your issue is resolved.

The mileage thing I cannot fix, but a fuel cleaner will make the engine shut down more before it stops doing it is what I observed in the lx honda I traded in. After I put injector cleaner it stopped shutting down.

TurbSi

First Name
Zdravko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport (6MT)
Country flag
I took it to the dealer twice and they cannot find what is wrong this will now be my third time, and it will be there until Monday
It happens randomly by a light or a stop sign after four to five hours of driving. I know the 2019 accord had the same issues pertaining to a faulty fuel pump, but shouldnt they figure it out already if it was.
Quite an interesting situation... have not seen any come in for that. Can you give me your trim level and engine size? Going to see if I can find anything on Honda's website.

Gerry

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L
Country flag
I thought of everything and fired angry emails at CSR Manager and GM if they cared my issue would be resolved. This morning I woke up and filed a case with corporate I am already emailing a lawyer but without any sort of evidence they will not help me. California lemon law also requires four visits and a reason. I filed a case with corporate online last night but the VIN was not typed right by me, so the lady wrote down my complaints and gave me a case number today.

I was about to do something stupid like trade it in but the market is really bad right now.
Believe me I'm never buying a honda again, 99.9% of the dealership are dipshit, mofo give me a hard time to just replace a bad battery even though I barley had 28,000 km and one had the car for less than 2 years.

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Quite an interesting situation... have not seen any come in for that. Can you give me your trim level and engine size? Going to see if I can find anything on Honda's website.
2022 2.0 liter sports edition I already traded the lx one for this. I temporary fixed the rough idling by adding injector cleaner as well as the stalling. My only conclusion is since the Canadians do not put ethanol in their cars they have no issues with the pumps pre-installed in their cars my car was built in Canada and I believe they have the same faulty low pressure pumps that honda recalled with the Accords. I can only conclude since there is a supply issue that they added the same faulty pumps. Either way I am completely ignored by Corporate and the dealerships since in their records they have no complaints.

Even after cleaning injectors I have only 2mpg improvement I went from 20 to 22mpg avg.

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Believe me I'm never buying a honda again, 99.9% of the dealership are dipshit, mofo give me a hard time to just replace a bad battery even though I barley had 28,000 km and one had the car for less than 2 years.
I bought a 2019 hatchback that I traded in 3 months down the line battery was dead. They had to replace it under warranty. The 2016 lx Sedan I had the battery randomly died in a year and a half it was easier to buy a AAA one so I did that.

Batteries are cheaper to replace than faulty air compressors and fuel pumps hence this will be my last honda. The guy who founded the company probably would be ashamed.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Awaiting other owners of '22 Civics to chime in with their issues. There must be more than 2 owners on the X & XI sites.

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have not bought a complete fuel system cleaner yet but after 4 hours of driving the car stalled and showed the check battery light which to me indicates an overheating fuel pump. I was thinking about bringing it to dealer but they have not done anything so tomorrow I call corporate and add this to my notes.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have not bought a complete fuel system cleaner yet but after 4 hours of driving the car stalled and showed the check battery light which to me indicates an overheating fuel pump. I was thinking about bringing it to dealer but they have not done anything so tomorrow I call corporate and add this to my notes.
Sorry that you are having all these problems.

Just curious, how does the check battery light indicate overheating fuel pump?
Sponsored