Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree with civicdriver_ ,

He wrote :
" I wouldn't trade it in, they're going to ream you as much as possible on the trade for sure.
I would try to find an independent mechanic you can trust.

... go to Autozone and have the battery and alternator tested. ¨

Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It really could just be a loose connection or battery clamp, or a failing/heat sensitive piece of electronics. But, if you're talking about a '22 model it's time to get Honda Corporate involved, even before a Lemon Law claim. Hopefully you have documentation from the Honda Dealer saying what they did and what they didn't find. The "low battery/check battery" indicator is just telling you the engine is stalled (in RUN but no charging to the battery) - the Oil and Power Steering alerts should also be on.

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic LX Black Pearl
Country flag
I wouldn't trade it in, they're going to ream you as much as possible on the trade for sure. You said what basically happened is your car stalled and the check battery light came on right? If I were in your position, I would check the most simple fixes first. Check the battery terminals to see if they are loose, it could be as easy as that and dealership mechanics aren't the brightest sometimes or avoid doing warranty work since they don't make money off it, so check the terminals first, it's simple. I would also check the fan belt that drives the alternator to make sure it's on properly, if it isn't you should see like the belt looks scratched up. You can watch a Youtube video if you don't know how to check these things.

If the terminals are on tight and fine, go to Autozone and have the battery and alternator tested. They test it for free I'm like 90% sure and they'll be able to tell you if there's a problem with your battery or alternator. I searched around for people having the same issue as you and some of them found out they had a problem with their alternator and some also just had a loose connector on their battery terminal. Let's hope it's one of those.

Lastly, If your battery and alternator are fine, I would try to find an independent mechanic you can trust. Ask your friends and family and ask around, if they don't know or you can't, google some mechanics around your area and look at google reviews. Usually if you go to a mechanic and tell them your problem and ask to check it out they'll usually only charge around $100 to take a look.

Also, remember that your vehicle is covered under a warranty and if that mechanic finds anything wrong with it, there's a chance that Honda will reimburse you if you get in touch with the company. Make sure to contact Honda the company in this case, I wouldn't go to the dealership, I really don't trust them at all especially during the pandemic. They have a lot of overhead costs and it's really hard for them to make money right now so they'll try to squeeze anything they can out of you. Warranty work doesn't make them any money so they'll avoid it as long as possible if they're crooked. Do the steps above in order and let me know how this goes. Good luck and don't stress too much yet, it could be a simple fix.
I thought of everything and fired angry emails at CSR Manager and GM if they cared my issue would be resolved. This morning I woke up and filed a case with corporate I am already emailing a lawyer but without any sort of evidence they will not help me. California lemon law also requires four visits and a reason. I filed a case with corporate online last night but the VIN was not typed right by me, so the lady wrote down my complaints and gave me a case number today.

I was about to do something stupid like trade it in but the market is really bad right now.

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lastly, If your battery and alternator are fine, I would try to find an independent mechanic you can trust. Ask your friends and family and ask around, if they don't know or you can't, google some mechanics around your area and look at google reviews. Usually if you go to a mechanic and tell them your problem and ask to check it out they'll usually only charge around $100 to take a look.
So I talked to my mechanic friend he told me my car is too new and I should not see a mechanic because of the violation of the warranty his recommendation is use lemon law and deal with corporate. They had my car for three weeks if it was something simple it would have been fixed the cheap dealership really hated giving me a rental for two days.

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok to ease my concerns I took it to autozone and had them look at the battery and the alternator with their tool. It gave a clean bill of health, so I took the advice of the honda techs and did not drive with the 3 in one 12 v cigarette converter. It drove great for 5 hours without shutting down but on some stop signs the car felt like it was powering down but it did not do it. I am guessing they are right but until it stops again in a few days I have no way of knowing if it is the converter. I hope it is.

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I only plug phone chargers in there and a cup holder charging station. My guess is there is an overload sensor when the adapter draws too much power and shuts off the car.

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I only have this plugged in now and it's not causing any issues if it does that will be gone too.

Honda Civic 10th gen Stalling issue in 2022 civic Screenshot_20210924-141732_Chrome

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Beware, many electrical/electronic gadgets sold today may not have been approved by the proper authorities.
They can cause all kinds of problems.
This may be the case here?

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Beware, many electrical/electronic gadgets sold today may not have been approved by the proper authorities.
They can cause all kinds of problems.
This may be the case here?
I know I did not believe it at first, but it would makes sense this car shuts down by itself as a feature because of the stupid start and stop feature.
Why can't they add electronic foldable rearview mirrors that is more useful than the engine turning off to save gas.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The easiest way to save gas is driving slowly and like if you have a egg between your foot and gas pedal.

Bjørn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan PWP, 99 Miata NB1 HSM
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The stop/start systems are more about reducing emissions than fuel savings. Best way to reduce emissions? Turn the engine off.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The stop/start systems are more about reducing emissions than fuel savings. Best way to reduce emissions? Turn the engine off.

You are right.

Generally, the two go together.
Regulations opt to require an outcome; reduce emissions.
Because in the abstract, could you save gas without reducing emissions? Could you?
Sponsored