Stainless door sills/scuff plates

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Looking to add these relatively soon. It was one of the first things I did on my last car, and in comparison, the Civic's door sills look so...empty. I've considered the vinyl/carbon fiber-style varieties, but I want to stick with metal (steel or aluminum). Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Salusy-Outside-Stainless-Steel-Entry/dp/B01M2DN43N/

Just looking at ebay and Amazon, I see that there are a lot of options out there. I've dug through dozens and dozens of search results for "door sills" and I'm not finding much in the way of specific endorsements. So I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a particular brand/style, which: 1) looks nice, 2) is of decent quality, 3) fits well (not too short or too tall), and 4) isn't outrageously expensive. Nothing fancy - maybe emblazoned with 'Civic' or 'Si' or a combination thereof. Don't need illumination, though I might consider it if it's a particularly nice design. I know several civicx'ers have these things. For example, @gtman in his CF & SS festooned cabin. Anybody have some recommendations for me?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
As you mentioned, those are the ones I've had on my car for nearly three years. They've held up great and look good too. The fit is perfect.

Here's a good pic of them on Aegean Blue...

Honda Civic 10th gen Stainless door sills/scuff plates IMG_20200324_143200

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sedan / hatchback i'm asuming? - parts for coupes are few and far between :(

OP
OP
MaxPower

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
sedan / hatchback i'm asuming? - parts for coupes are few and far between :(
Yes, sedan. I recall reading that the sedan is a global platform, while the coupe is not - hence there are a lot more sedans out there, and thus a much bigger market for sedan accessories. At least there are a lot of parts that are compatible with both body styles (though not the door sills, of course).

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
This is one things I'd like to add, hard to find good ones.

Alot of sticker type ones online but like to get the steel ones those are rare though

OP
OP
MaxPower

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is one things I'd like to add, hard to find good ones.

Alot of sticker type ones online but like to get the steel ones those are rare though
Agreed. There are a bunch of options out there on ebay and Amazon, but very few reviews. Which is why I posted here. The Salusy ones linked above are the only positively-reviewed option I've found thus far. Not much feedback for anything else, aside from some of the illuminated varieties. I'm sure other good ones exist - I'm just not sure how to identify them.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Those Salusy ones are the best by far. Trust me, I've purchased a few different brands and they are near OEM quality.

OP
OP
MaxPower

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Those Salusy ones are the best by far. Trust me, I've purchased a few different brands and they are near OEM quality.
Yeah, looks like I'll end up with those. I do have them on order...but Amazon's delivery estimate is in mid/late-May. So I'm still poking around to see if any other options jump out at me in the interim.

In your experience: was there a specific brand which you found to be particularly poor, or of substandard quality/fit? Just curious if there are any truly crappy options that I should be sure to avoid.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Set mentioned look good... anything similar/same quality in different colors? Black possibly?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, looks like I'll end up with those. I do have them on order...but Amazon's delivery estimate is in mid/late-May. So I'm still poking around to see if any other options jump out at me in the interim.

In your experience: was there a specific brand which you found to be particularly poor, or of substandard quality/fit? Just curious if there are any truly crappy options that I should be sure to avoid.
Other than OEM, they're all unbranded. What I like about the Salusy sills is that the design is similar to the OEM look:

Honda Civic 10th gen Stainless door sills/scuff plates s-l400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
Theres some options on Ali Express, not sure if you checked there yet. I was going to buy some from there but just decided to use xpel ppf instead.