Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Banned
Got an email this morning from my local dealer, they're getting a black one. Just an FYI for anyone somewhat in/around DC.

Supposedly "staged for delivery" in B-more, assuming the first few shipments are close to being en route...

Honda Civic 10th gen "Staged for Delivery"? 24n1qti
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Got an email this morning from my local dealer, they're getting a black one. Just an FYI for anyone somewhat in/around DC.

Supposedly "staged for delivery" in B-more, assuming the first few shipments are close to being en route...

Honda Civic 10th gen "Staged for Delivery"? 24n1qti
Interesting! Keep us updated-!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

IMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW GLI, 2017 Civic Type R
Would be surprised if they were promised a color this early...
Maybe I missed it in another thread, but how does allocation work in this case? Does Honda NA already know which cars/colors go where, and they're just keeping dealerships in the dark at this point? Or would @Billy4202's dealership already have a VIN number?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure how reliable the info is overall, but she's been in direct communication a few times a week. I'll update if/when I hear more.
That could be a litmus test - call her up and ask for a VIN. Tell her you need it for insurance. If she has one, awesome! 100% legit! If not, eh. May still be legit, but may just be a gentlemans agreement between your dealership and Honda.

capitalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR - #1643
That could be a litmus test - call her up and ask for a VIN. Tell her you need it for insurance. If she has one, awesome! 100% legit! If not, eh. May still be legit, but may just be a gentlemans agreement between your dealership and Honda.
I hope... but have not confirmed... that since I am #1 with signed buyers order and deposit...

That maybe they will send my color choice...

But the secret ways of Honda are unknown to mortal men...

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
There is a dealer in Ohio who has apparently known about which color their first Type-R will be since mid-April, which is black. The dealer I shop at is getting two Type-R (one is sold) and they have no idea what color they are.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
2 dealers I spoke with in Wa said they put in preferences for colors a few months back so maybe that's where the dealers are committing to colors for their cars without all the info from Honda.

At this point tired of the wait/hype and losing steam for the long awaited CTR!

SpootyWeasel

First Name
Alma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Del Sol Si
2 dealers I spoke with in Wa said they put in preferences for colors a few months back so maybe that's where the dealers are committing to colors for their cars without all the info from Honda.

At this point tired of the wait/hype and losing steam for the long awaited CTR!
My dealer told me he thinks he may be getting black, which I want, but he's really not sure still. He's probably really tired of me pestering him. I'm on the top of the call list, but so far he isn't taking deposits. I'm hoping when MSRP comes out that will change. I am also getting really frustrated at the slow information delivery. :(

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
Interesting! Keep us updated-!
Please tell me this is a joke..... "Heard through the truckers"?! Please don't take this seriously.

And yes they will know already what color the first one is because the were given a color choice by regional reps months ago.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Please tell me this is a joke..... "Heard through the truckers"?! Please don't take this seriously.

And yes they will know already what color the first one is because the were given a color choice by regional reps months ago.
What color is your dealership getting? And what color are you hoping to get for yourself?

Froggie3kb

HondaProKevin.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.HondaProKevin.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S2000, RSX-S, Accord, CR-V
Country flag

Lol! Was awaiting your reply on this one.

I always find it entertaining to see what some Honda Motorcycle dealers will tell people. Turns out the car dealer world is just as bad when it comes to new product info lol.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
What color is your dealership getting? And what color are you hoping to get for yourself?
We told the regional rep that we would like white for our first one. I'm not going to hold my breath on that that though, until I see the allocation and color in the system I'm going to say we have no clue on what color. I'd want champ white though!
Sponsored