jbtee

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Good evening CivicX family. A few months ago, I had this intermittent squeak/cricket noise that came at random times under varying loads while driving. I took the vehicle to two separate dealers and neither of them could replicate the noise, and with COVID, they weren't willing to go on a test drive with me. Since they couldn't replicate it, they told me to come back when it became worse....it has become worse.

Based on the sound clip in the youtube video i attached below, can any of you tell what is causing this squeaking/cricket noise? It definitely sounds like it is originating from outside the car since I can hear it louder with my windows down. The sound clip was taken with my phone in the passenger door pocket with the windows up while on a patch of bumpy freeway.

I have an appointment Monday with the dealer again but would appreciate any input into what may be causing this sound, or if someone has had similar experiences and has resolved this.

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I only heard one chirp. But usually a 'cricket' sound comes from the brake pad low warning.

OP
OP
jbtee

jbtee

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
UPDATE: My dealership actually came through on this warranty work and fixed the problem. It turns out that noise was excessive flexing/movement of the A pipe. They replaced the entire A-pipe and associated gaskets to fix the problem. I'm happy as a clam with my car again! Hopefully this helps somebody.
Sponsored