et4891

First Name
ET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2019
Country flag
I am curious, is the brake suppose to make a metal squeaking sound when braking? It's like 70-80 percent of the time when I brake it'll have squeaking sound BUT if I do a hard brake sometimes it's most likely 100 percent no such sound. Is this normal for the car (Type R 2019)?
Sponsored

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
Yes. The squeal from the brakes is common, especially at low speeds and light loads. The brake pad compound that is used is optimized for performance. The downside is noise and excessive brake dust.

There are plenty of threads and posts around here discussing different pad options.

Chi_The_Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I am curious, is the brake suppose to make a metal squeaking sound when braking? It's like 70-80 percent of the time when I brake it'll have squeaking sound BUT if I do a hard brake sometimes it's most likely 100 percent no such sound. Is this normal for the car (Type R 2019)?
The factory brembo pads will squeak regardless. Get some hawk HP pads and your problem will go away.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
This is normal. You can mitigate a lot of the noice by braking hard as you have already noticed. With your windows closed you can apply a minimum of 150-200 PSI of brake pressure and you should never hear the brakes about 95% of the time unless you’re doing a ton of soft braking.
Sponsored