Squeaking noise from left rear when making slow left turns

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Audible with windows closed and open squeaking noise coming from left rear area when making slow left-hand turns (15-35mph). Doesn't happen on right turns nor at super slow or 40mph+ speeds. It sounds almost identical to the 9th gen Accord in this video (but way less frequent only comes up during certain left turns):

All help appreciated, thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Could be a Break caliper pin slipping out and rubbing against the rotor. I had the same issue a while back. Atleast this is what the dealership told me.

I fixed it the same way i fix all my problems in life.... ignore it and hope it goes away. Luckily, this time it did.

OP
OP
MutatedMango

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Could be a Break caliper pin slipping out and rubbing against the rotor. I had the same issue a while back. Atleast this is what the dealership told me.

I fixed it the same way i fix all my problems in life.... ignore it and hope it goes away. Luckily, this time it did.
That seems to be what the 9th gen accord in the video above said. How exactly would I go about fixing that?

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
Any chance you got a rock stuck between rotor and dust shield? This happens to (often in the fronts) and can sound like something horrible is happening. a drive on a bumpy area might dislodge it if this is the case. Otherwise - caliper dragging, dust shield dragging in turns or worse, bad bearing which would be odd in a car of your age.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@wintercast "you got a rock stuck between rotor and dust shield"
Exactly this^^^^

Happens to me every time i drive this esse turn by my work. Has a bit of loose gravel near the edges as its in a canyon, so once im on a straight i just do a couple sharp turns left and right (basically quick jerks on the steering wheel) and im guessing the rock flys out and then the squeaking goes away.

When i removed my lower ball joints i actually bent the shield down just a hair, to have a little more clearance cause i was also thinking maybe its rubbing on the rotor. havent encountered that sound since.

OP
OP
MutatedMango

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Any chance you got a rock stuck between rotor and dust shield? This happens to (often in the fronts) and can sound like something horrible is happening. a drive on a bumpy area might dislodge it if this is the case. Otherwise - caliper dragging, dust shield dragging in turns or worse, bad bearing which would be odd in a car of your age.

I'll look into this as well. Thanks guys

OP
OP
MutatedMango

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
@wintercast "you got a rock stuck between rotor and dust shield"
Exactly this^^^^

Happens to me every time i drive this esse turn by my work. Has a bit of loose gravel near the edges as its in a canyon, so once im on a straight i just do a couple sharp turns left and right (basically quick jerks on the steering wheel) and im guessing the rock flys out and then the squeaking goes away.

When i removed my lower ball joints i actually bent the shield down just a hair, to have a little more clearance cause i was also thinking maybe its rubbing on the rotor. havent encountered that sound since.
I think since it's still well within warranty I should just take it in to Honda to check out right? Would they charge anything for diagnostic or whatever?

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think since it's still well within warranty I should just take it in to Honda to check out right? Would they charge anything for diagnostic or whatever?
I wouldnt know if they'd charge you but i think it's a good idea to take it in. The more dealers know of this issue the more knowledge would get spread to people who dont use the forum. The odds of it being something else other than what is stated above are slim but if you're under warranty, what the heck take it in lol. No reason to be alarmed though, as this is a common issue for our 10th Gens... even happened to my dad's CTR the other week.

OP
OP
MutatedMango

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I wouldnt know if they'd charge you but i think it's a good idea to take it in. The more dealers know of this issue the more knowledge would get spread to people who dont use the forum. The odds of it being something else other than what is stated above are slim but if you're under warranty, what the heck take it in lol. No reason to be alarmed though, as this is a common issue for our 10th Gens... even happened to my dad's CTR the other week.
Alright sounds good. One thing I'm worried about though is that I just got a muffler delete done. Would they deem my warranty voided?

OP
OP
MutatedMango

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag