First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright sounds good. One thing I'm worried about though is that I just got a muffler delete done. Would they deem my warranty voided?
haha no idea! I guess you'll have to be the lab rat for that answer lol
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Dude you've been such a big help on this forum lol. I actually got the muffler delete done at the shop you recommended and it's been awesome.
Thanks... Always glad to help.

since I have a muffler delete now isn't my warranty voided?
Nah, not at all. The only warranty you voided is the muffler warranty lol.

JayDee

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT & 1995 Honda Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag
Audible with windows closed and open squeaking noise coming from left rear area when making slow left-hand turns (15-35mph). Doesn't happen on right turns nor at super slow or 40mph+ speeds. It sounds almost identical to the 9th gen Accord in this video (but way less frequent only comes up during certain left turns):

All help appreciated, thanks in advance!
What ended up being the problem? I’m getting a constant squeaky noise from 15-35 mph while coasting. It’s very annoying

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What ended up being the problem? I’m getting a constant squeaky noise from 15-35 mph while coasting. It’s very annoying
I had this too. The dealer changed the front struts under warranty and the noise has stopped. Then my rear brakes started to squeak so they replaced those under warranty. They still squeal and dealer can’t replicate the issue. So in summer I’ll change the discs to something aftermarket. I also have the hfp package if that helps.

OP
OP
MutatedMango

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
It did end up being that pin! It seems to be a common problem on these cars as well because when I described it at the desk I was asked if I had an Accord. So it looks like the Civics and Accords have this problem. Luckily mine was covered under warranty.

OP
OP
MutatedMango

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I had this too. The dealer changed the front struts under warranty and the noise has stopped. Then my rear brakes started to squeak so they replaced those under warranty. They still squeal and dealer can’t replicate the issue. So in summer I’ll change the discs to something aftermarket. I also have the hfp package if that helps.
Does that squeal only happen while braking? I think some of us have had that issue and it ended up being small rocks being stuck in the brakes somewhere. Going in reverse for a bit then back forward usually gets them out and stops that

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does that squeal only happen while braking? I think some of us have had that issue and it ended up being small rocks being stuck in the brakes somewhere. Going in reverse for a bit then back forward usually gets them out and stops that
The squeal from the front happen at slow speed and using no brakes. The rear squeal happens when it’s cold at very light brake pressure. It goes away after car is warmed up.

JayDee

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For me it goes away immediately when braking. And it sounds like rear left

JayDee

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It did end up being that pin! It seems to be a common problem on these cars as well because when I described it at the desk I was asked if I had an Accord. So it looks like the Civics and Accords have this problem. Luckily mine was covered under warranty.
What pin? Can you further explain? Does it just need to be repositioned?? Are you talking about the caliper/ brake pad pin thingy that holds the pad in place ?

OP
OP
MutatedMango

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
What pin? Can you further explain? Does it just need to be repositioned?? Are you talking about the caliper/ brake pad pin thingy that holds the pad in place ?
I think so, I just took it into the dealership and they fixed it under warranty and knew it was a common problem. For me it only happened when turning left. Here's a link to a post on here where the guy fixed it himself: squeaking sound when turning left | 2016+ Honda Civic Forum (10th Gen) - Type R Forum, Si Forum - CivicX.com

EDIT: here's another one, I remember now it's the brake shims: Another "Whats that sound?" thread | 2016+ Honda Civic Forum (10th Gen) - Type R Forum, Si Forum - CivicX.com
Sponsored