AlexJDGreen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX, 6 Speed
Country flag
I should have noted as well, it only squeaks when releasing the clutch. Everything is fine when I push it in, but when releasing there is a slight squeak sometimes right at the end of the release, usually only taking off in first gear, or gearing down from say 4th to 3rd. Was this similar for either of you @REBELXSi or @latole , or anyone else?
Question for you my man, does this only happen when releasing the clutch while in first from stop but NO squeak when operating pedal in neutral? If so, I’m having the same issue and it’s driving me nuts!
Sponsored

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Hey guys. I noticed over the last couple of days that my clutch pedal squeaks the odd time when releasing it. Its a 2017 LX sedan 2.0. I bought it a month ago with only 27,000km on it from the dealer. It has gotten colder the last week or so, don't know if that may have anything to do with it. I have Honda Plus warranty so I could always take it to the dealer to have it checked, however I thought I'd check here first to see if there is a simple fix. Would applying some WD-40 to the clutch pedal assembly under the dash help? Any info is much appreciated. Thanks
WD-40 is a water-displacing oil that contains alkanes. Alkanes destroy rust, so if you use WD-40 on a steel component that has oxidized, you slowly erode the material and end up with free play.

Although WD-40 contains mineral oils, use a mild mineral oil to lubricate it and lithium grease in the future to repel water and moisture that can cause oxidization.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had this squeek since one year, now I fixed it with 3 in 1 oil put with a brush ; see picture
I try every thing; WD40 ; too light, it won't last. I spray white grease ; too heavy do not go every where.

Oil in the pedal lever pivot. You need to use a brush to put oil because you can't push oil from down to up. Wait and clean oil on pedal lever. Oil may drop in your shoes
Honda Civic 10th gen Squeaking clutch pedal DSC08008

OP
OP
novy_wan_kenobi

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0L NA 6MT
Country flag
I ended up using Fluid Film, sprayed all of the clutch assembly, problem solved!

OP
OP
novy_wan_kenobi

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Question for you my man, does this only happen when releasing the clutch while in first from stop but NO squeak when operating pedal in neutral? If so, I’m having the same issue and it’s driving me nuts!
Honda Civic 10th gen Squeaking clutch pedal 1591446431178

I was noticing it when I would release the clutch in gear, especially when down shifting. If I had the car in neutral it was very hard to recreate the squeak, I noticed it mostly downshifting into 2nd gear, and especially when I would first start driving the car in the mornings. Talked to my buddy who is a mechanic, used some fluid film, problem solved.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fluid film may be better than WD 40 but 2 months is too short to know.

IMO oil in spray is too light.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fluid film may be better than WD 40 but 2 months is too short to know.

IMO oil in spray is too light.
You probably haven't used Fluid Film then. It sprays light and penetrates, then thickens.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You probably haven't used Fluid Film then. It sprays light and penetrates, then thickens.

You're right, I have not tried this product that I did not know.
In my opinion, a sprayed oil will be too diluted to be effective in many cases and effective for a long time.
The WD 40 has work for a few months ...

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're right, I have not tried this product that I did not know.
In my opinion, a sprayed oil will be too diluted to be effective in many cases and effective for a long time.
The WD 40 has work for a few months ...
WD40 is such a harsh product. The only time I use it is for a rusty nut and bolt that's being replaced after I remove it. Providing of course that I'm in an area I cannot just snap or cut it off. ;)

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
WD40 is such a harsh product. The only time I use it is for a rusty nut and bolt that's being replaced after I remove it. Providing of course that I'm in an area I cannot just snap or cut it off. ;)

Good to know Fluid film product, I'll look at my auto parts.

I use WD40 on luggage lock or door lock, it work very well for a light use, on small parts.

OP
OP
novy_wan_kenobi

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good to know Fluid film product, I'll look at my auto parts.

I use WD40 on luggage lock or door lock, it work very well for a light use, on small parts.
Try the Fluid Film, it sprays as liquid and then starts to almost foam or turn to a greasy substance. I’ve done a little reading on it and people seem to swear by it. It certainly solves my problem and I keep a bottle of it in my shed incase it ever acts up again!

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
my slave cylinder started squeaking a bit after i bled it for the first time. doesn’t seem to be affecting anything negatively.
Sponsored