Squaking Noises Coming From Engine Bay - 2019 Si

Dubstepbooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi Everyone!

I recently started to hear a squeaking noise coming from the engine bay after putting my car in a complete stop. The noise is not audible from a cold start and it starts to go away after letting the car idle for a few minutes. The squeaking always seems to start after driving around the city, going to work, and on my way back home. Since this is my first car and manual I've driven, I'm clueless as to what to look for to try to diagnose this issue.

Here goes a little more information.
  • The car has 6,200 miles
  • I babied the car for the first four months while I was getting to learn how to drive a manual transmission
  • Turning the AC on/off seems to have no effect on the squeaking noises
  • I drive pretty conservatively during my daily commute only shifting at around 3.5k rpm
  • When I get the chance to drive it like crazy I shift at about 6k rpm
  • Here goes a sound clip of the squeaking noises -

I did recently learn how to launch about two weeks ago so I'm wondering if that made something go loose (I know it's not recommended to do this but I figured doing it about three times wouldn't hurt!). Feel free to ask my any questions and I'll do my best to answer them!

Thanks again for reading:)
Sponsored

integraboi

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport, Mk4 Jetta VR6
Country flag
Sounds like a pulley, but you can never be sure over the internet.

Just take it to the dealer. You'd have to take it there even if we for sure knew what it is.

OP
OP

Dubstepbooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Sounds like a pulley, but you can never be sure over the internet.

Just take it to the dealer. You'd have to take it there even if we for sure knew what it is.
You have a point there, taking it to the dealer would have been my next step. I figured getting some more information here wouldn't hurt to get an idea of what the issue could be.

Treyna123

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
My car is currently making a squeaking noise after driving as well I’m sure it’s a pulley... did you ever find out what your specific issue was?
Sponsored