raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
have had the car for 3 days and love it so far. I noticed a noise a few times that I couldn't pinpoint. Today I was driving with the moon roof completely open. On moderate bumps and when making sharp turns at lower speeds (20mph and lower) I heard a popping or squeaking noise from the headliner/moonroof area. Only happens when the moonroof is moved back about 1/4 of the way or more. When it is closed or just flipped up it doesn't happen.

It is pretty annoying, especially because I have had it for 3 days. I am hoping to resolve it myself if possible as the dealer I bought it from is pretty far away. There is a dealer really close to me but I do not like them.....

I am wondering if it is a lubricant/grease issue or if something is not tight? My wife has a CRV with a moonroof and it does not make this noise. I also looked and her track and moonroof rails appear to have more white grease on them than mine and hers is a 2015. It looks like part of my moonroof track has none on it at all.

Can someone else try to see if their moonroof makes the same noise when open and moved like I am doing in this video?

Thanks
Ray
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ordered the Honda grease for the moonroof track. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully this corrects the issue. Loving this car otherwise!

OP
OP

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ordered the Honda grease for the moonroof track. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully this corrects the issue. Loving this car otherwise!
I greased up the track and any moving parts I can see. Also lubed up the rubber around the moonroof.

Still makes a tiny bit of noise when I try to move it like in the video but nothing close to the sound in the video. It is late and haven’t driven it yet. Will try it out tomorrow, fingers crossed !!!!

OP
OP

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thrilled to say this noise is now gone. Lubing the moonroof track resolved it!!

Couldn’t be happier about this car. Wonder why Honda did such a bad job. Doesnt appear to be any lube in the door sliders, lubed those up too.
Sponsored