Spring Question - Ride Height

jsdugan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am not the typical Si owner, I actually want to go a little taller ride height for ground clearance. I drive gravel and back roads fairly often.. I thought about going with a different vehicle, but what is out there with performance, stick shift, 4 doors, and gas mileage (I average 38)???

To raise the ride height a bit and fit a little taller sidewall tires, can I just install taller springs? I am trying to look at part numbers of springs from other Honda models (HR-V, etc.), but I can't find the specs/height of the springs. The factory Honda springs seems to be pretty inexpensive also.

SO - Can it be as simple as swapping different springs to increase the ride height a bit?

I know this is not a popular topic, but thanks for the answers in advance.
Sponsored

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ground clearance of sedans are lower then the hatches.Afaik si sedan is 120mm regular sedan 126mm and hatch is 130mm. Si sedan springs lower the hatches 10mm.So i asume with hatch springs you could raise the car 10mm but you have softer spring rates.This all assuming the weight is the same.
Something Else you could do is make some spacer rings out of pu rubber and fit them between the spring seat and the chassis.You could raise the car this way and still have the si springs.You could make a mould of the OEM rubber spring seats and make them thicker.I do think you are limited in height 10 - 20 MM max.

Last edited:

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Country flag
I would just leave it and drive it slower. Don’t get coilover if you drive in the dirt because the coilover will get damage unless they are design for it. Dirt going into the shaft, and the greater impact can all degrade the coilover prematurely.

OP
OP
jsdugan

jsdugan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hondanickx - Interesting idea. It would be nice to have access to all the different springs that could possibly fit to measure the height (although I know the stiffness, or rebound rate rate would be different).
Is it safe/OK to make your own spring seats? Would these be top and bottom?

Mcjason01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si sedan 2018
Hi there, anyone, i actually having the same problem. After installing 25mm wheel spacers, i put the stock rims and tires and if i am driving over a bump, i can hear squeaky sound from outside. Honda said its the tires rubbing on the fender, but i doubt that. Hope to find a higher height coilovers for my civic si 2018 sedan. Any suggestions?
Sponsored