• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

California Spreen Honda Corona California 4 CTR's in your favorite colors... for MSRP?

deanj225

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Miata RF
Country flag
OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
False. I just called and they want $25k over MSRP for the LE and $10-$15k over MSRP on the 3 Tourings, so your salesman was obviously lying to you.
Like I said... different story when you go there... been through this several times already here (and I still didn't learn... LMFAO):) LOL AT least the person you had was honest over the phone. Just like the cars.com ADs... advertise either with no price listed or MSRP. I had one say... "well if you can get Tier 1 with Honda credit, we'll sell for MSRP..." Seems like your score must be 1000+ for Tier 1 with this car LOL!

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Unfortunately, msrp isn’t going to happen in SoCal.

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
Like I said... different story when you go there... been through this several times already here (and I still didn't learn... LMFAO):) LOL AT least the person you had was honest over the phone. Just like the cars.com ADs... advertise either with no price listed or MSRP. I had one say... "well if you can get Tier 1 with Honda credit, we'll sell for MSRP..." Seems like your score must be 1000+ for Tier 1 with this car LOL!
Even with good credit their interest rates are shit. Hated buying my car last year from the dealerships here, I felt like I at least was lubed up when I negotiated 2k over sticker…

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Damn! They're upping the bid here in SoCal on these cars. Six months ago it was 5k - 10k over MSRP and 20k over MSRP for the Limited... now it's 10-15k & 25k...?!?!

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
LMFAO! "Dees overrrprrrriced Onda... I don't keeearrrhh eef eet's Peenk or
ahrrrrrange ah Porschah eeessss ah Porschahhh..."!

Overpriced Honda my ass and that guy driving it can't shift worth shit! Just to add to my story with the AMG C63 S in the track area... we also checked out an AMG A35. Nice car... yes it's relaxing but sorta built cheap compared to what Mercedes used to be... or their present upper line. Very high TECH interface that's for sure. Now you want to know the price...? Okay... 51200.00 on the sticker... sticker was in the trunk though ... LOL. I told the manager... 51200.00 eh? Well he replied there was a markup =) I told him I'd take the car right now for MSRP... he replied.. how bout a little over MSRP... I said how much is a little... he replies... $5000... LMFAO... =) Forget it... didn't want the car anyway.. just checking them out. They want 15K over MSRP for the C63.... sheesh... and some people think the CTR is overpriced for what type of car it is and how it performs?

Last edited:

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
damn I've seen 10 Type R today too man do we love mark-up

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Well Spreen in Loma Linda also wants $25k over lol
[/QUOTE

Prices went up in some areas on the used Type R's for the month of September. I was checking out a used one that was priced lower than the others... but for a good reason... BEAT TO SHIT!

You're going to pay a premium for one that hasn't been modified and or JB'd in excellent condition overall.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Would never buy used FK8 just the money shift alone who would know

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Drove mine tonight in the cooler weather... WOW! Haven't had it in cool weather since spring... I mean WOW! They're lying on the lateral g's & braking in order to make these cars legal in this country =) C&D 1.05 g's... (shhhh... really 1.2 in private). Braking 70 - 0mph 140 - 148 ft. (but you can dip into the 130's and < 100ft 60 - 0mph with experience). Why bother going to Disney Land to ride the roller coasters when you can do the same thing with your R -=) This car and this car alone is worth 5-10k over MSRP New if you have no choice and you want one... hands down! What emission standards... :)

Last edited:

heyitshogan

First Name
Hogan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
You're lucky to even find a babied 2019 Civic Type R for around ~$40-$45k. I think I've thrown in the towel on the 10th gen CTRs and I'm holding my breath on the 11th gen one not being hideous.

Deleted member 44294

Damn! They're upping the bid here in SoCal on these cars. Six months ago it was 5k - 10k over MSRP and 20k over MSRP for the Limited... now it's 10-15k & 25k...?!?!
Brand new cars are extremely hard to come by because of the electronic shortage and the fact that we are in between model years for the type R Make prices high. Simple supply and demand . If you really want one you just have to be willing to pony up a little extra . Also the new civic is looking to be like a Toyota Camry or a Honda accord I think it is super ugly because it is so incredibly plain Jane and the shape is not nearly as nice as our cars through the 21 model year . I think most of us like our cars because of the edgy look and how it polarizes it makes it stand out the new ones not so much . My 2 cents
Sponsored