Sprayer Foamer for car? any recommandation?

Giguer

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring 2017
Country flag
Hi all

I just watch some videos on youtube and saw that people are using a Sprayer Foamer to wash their car. I didn't really know about it. On youtube, I saw the IK Foamer.

I was wondering about any recommendation before I buy one sprayer, like which one I should get (IK, Chemical Guys, MATCC)? https://www.amazon.ca/Chemical-Guys...+foam&qid=1598640215&s=automotive&sr=1-7&th=1

and which soap I should use with the sprayer?

Thanks in advance all.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Do you have a pressure washer? Or is this just a garden hose/waterless situation?

Before I got a pressure washer, I was using the Torq Foam Blaster and it worked really well -- I still whip it out if I don't feel like hooking up the pressure washer. If you do have a pressure washer, the CG Max Foam 8 has been working pretty well for me. Super thick foam, and it feels really solid. I have a relatively low power pressure washer (1800 PSI, 1.8GPM), but it's been a pretty good go-to for my monthly deep-cleans.

In terms of soap, I've been using CG Mr. Pink or Honeydew Snow Foam.

CG gets a lot of hate for having a higher price point over other tools/chemicals that do the trick. I'm sure there's some way cheaper brands that work, but if you don't mind paying some marketing tax, CG is good. Meguiar's is another brand I know works well for a lot of people, and it's way easier to find locally versus CG.

DISCLAIMER: Not sponsored by Chemical Guys, just a guy who fell for the marketing stuff when I was younger. It's been working well and I'm too lazy to try other products. It helps that there's a CG Shop less than 10 miles away from me.

Deleted member 40377

I got the Chemical Guys one (for the std hose) this summer. I have a pressure washer too. I like the simplicity of the CG one. I think the pressure washer is overkill. The civic paint is fragile enough as it is, don't need to have an accident and take any off. Truthfully, the reg hose CG one is good, nice foam at different levels. It uses a lot of soap though. Tried and true 2 bucket with a good microfiber mitt works the best, IMO.

I'd try to CG one if you don't want to spend too much, fun to use...can use almost any soap I believe...it's sometimes cheaper if you order direct from them(CG)...'A 'charges extra for the distribution fees sometimes.

OP
OP

Giguer

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring 2017
Country flag
thanks, nice to know. The starter kit looks perfect for me and it's not too expensive.

Deleted member 40377

As a second consideration: Griot's also sells a good one, more expensive, I think...just saying as I love their stuff too.

HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For a quick wash the IK set aint bad. I use them for mini spot or mini mobile detailing. I still got my SunJoe pressure washer but for longer trips and car event/shows, the IK stuff works fine.
Sponsored