Spray Bottles

RufflesSCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with every spray bottle that car care products come in? The triggers either jam, stop spraying, or the product just dribbles out of the nozzle and onto your hand.. I have spray bottles from Meguires, Mothers, Auto Glym, etc., and I seem to always run into issues.

Do I need trigger training? lol
Sponsored

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
They tend to break when you pull/pump the trigger too fast.

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with every spray bottle that car care products come in? The triggers either jam, stop spraying, or the product just dribbles out of the nozzle and onto your hand.. I have spray bottles from Meguires, Mothers, Auto Glym, etc., and I seem to always run into issues.

Same experience, mostly likely is the ball bearing inside the trigger is jammed/sticked with the chemical residue. The ball bearing act as a one-way valve and it sticks with the chemical residue when it places in an upright position. Remove the trigger from the bottle and tap the trigger on the hard surface (in upside down position) to loosen the ball bearing inside. After loosen, wash the trigger to dissolve the chemical residue inside the trigger and you are good to go.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
If you seen how these trucks get loaded and unloaded you’ll see why these spray bottles are the way they are the boxes get thrown on a conveyor belt and get smashed with other boxes usually a heavier and bigger box

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
most companies use the cheapest possible bottles and sprayers too

griots seems to have the best bottles amongst the larger companies that sell chemicals within spray bottles

if you are looking for just the bottle itself: they are pricy but the pressol bottles from obsessed garage are the best ones i’ve found thus far

Last edited:

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag

Some are bad. I always save a few bottles from cleaners that I use around the house. I just clean them out good before I use them. Always good to have a couple extras kicking around.

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag

Spray towel then apply.

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Griot’s Garage makes the best bottle and spray with fine mist.

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
Buy some chemical guys products. You’ll see the difference

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score