Spotting other Civic owners on the road

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup you've got to catch them all! Silver is like Pidgey, EG will be Charizard. What area are you in TX? I have WOP. I've only seen the new Civic about 5 times so far only white and silver color. But ever since the game came out, no one pays attention to my car anymore. They are too busy with their phone :(
Haha. So true about silver = Pidgey. I'm in SA-area and I've yet to see a touring. Mostly EX-Ts like mine. And a few EX models. I've seen 1 Charizard! Uh, I mean, Energy Green coupe. :)
Sponsored

HondaGirl999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
It was on the freeway for me...I had a huge grin and was waiving a little to enthusiastically too at another civic driver but I don't think he/she saw me. :)

If any of you see a girl in a cosmic blue one in the Portland OR/ Vancouver WA area waiving at you looking a little too happy, that's probably me. LOL
Damn, too bad we aren't closer or we could over enthusiastically wave at each other hahaha. :D

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I waved to someone yesterday in an Aegean Blue EX Civic. First one I've seen in that colour on the road since I got mine. They just gave me a glare and sped off. Maybe it was because I had a stupid grin on my face since I actually found someone with an Aegean blue Civic. Now I'm crushed. :thumbsdown:

Another time I was on the highway and seen a WOP Civic LX. Started to race him a little bit, until I realized I passed my off ramp...woops.

I still get head turns so I'm okay with that :nixon:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Saw the third other Touring I've ever seen today (LSM), on the opposite side of the highway. Raining + heavy winds, so they had their lights on. The LED lights are bright AF lol.

Slightly off topic - but does this car make people wanna just drive for the hell of it? I'm well past the honeymoon period and I still feel this way...who would have ever thought a Civic would make me feel this way? I just wanna find empty roads and just drive all day long... :drive:

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
yep! alot of people buy a cool ass car like our civic, and just think of it as a grocery getter.....sucks!
Lol so true. Unfortunately they don't even realize it's the coolest grocery getter around. Or maybe they do?

LimeyDi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.limeydi.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
Saw the third other Touring I've ever seen today (LSM), on the opposite side of the highway. Raining + heavy winds, so they had their lights on. The LED lights are bright AF lol.

Slightly off topic - but does this car make people wanna just drive for the hell of it? I'm well past the honeymoon period and I still feel this way...who would have ever thought a Civic would make me feel this way? I just wanna find empty roads and just drive all day long... :drive:
Yep ... I have laryngitis and a cough but today I went out and drove around just for the heck of it.

MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan + a few non-Hondas
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The curse of driving a sexy car...you don't get to see it yourself as you drive. When you finally do see another one you have to stare and think "that's what I look like to other people...damn it looks good"
There's a huge building right next to a long stoplight a block from my work. It has the giant mirrored glass windows that make it perfect to get a nice, sexy look at her every morning. I can't help it. It's been almost a year and I still look at the reflection every morning. Cool to watch the reflection as I take off when the light turns, too... as the pedestrians dive out of the way because I'm staring at the reflection.

I saw a guy in a CivicX the other day in my area at a stoplight, so I pulled up next to him and waved (probably a bit more enthusiastically than I should have...) and he waved back very confused like, lol. I don't think he reciprocated my excitement...so I went on my merry way. That was like one of 3 I've seen in the area since I bought the car, so I was excited dude!
They're still pretty rare on the roads in my area, too. The first one I spotted was a few months ago, another MSM. A pretty blonde girl was driving it. She was turning left from the road I was turning right on to. I slowed down and rolled down my window to say "cool car!", and she was already rolling down her window to do the same. We both slowed way down mid-turn in the intersection and gushed about how awesome our cars were as we rolled slowly past. It was pretty romantic. Thought it might be true love, but then both of those beauties drove out of my life forever. Still get a little choked up... Oh come on, who's cutting onions?

My coworkers have one. I got super excited and even wanted to give them one of the little stickers I ordered for the button blanks. Then I realized I've never spoken to them the entire time I've been at my job then quickly threw that idea out and went back to just ignoring everyone as always.
This story made me laugh really hard because I can really identify with that, but isn't this what we need to do to "be the change" or whatever? Maybe if you had approached them they'd have thought it was awesome and you'd have become friends, frolicking through the hills in your Civics into the sunset! Or maybe they would have thought you were a weirdo and shunned you even more strongly than before. Hmm, probably the latter. Nevermind, you made a good life choice.

virtual888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
yep! alot of people buy a cool ass car like our civic, and just think of it as a grocery getter.....sucks!
I think of it as a Pokemon getter, i love the break hold. Stop - Catch - Go (i only do it in parking lot not on the road lol) It helps a lot no need to put in park :)

Haha. So true about silver = Pidgey. I'm in SA-area and I've yet to see a touring. Mostly EX-Ts like mine. And a few EX models. I've seen 1 Charizard! Uh, I mean, Energy Green coupe. :)
Oh ya I'm in DFW-Area, I see a lot of LX. anyway I evolved whole bunch of pidgey today for exp but nothing powerful like the Energy Green Coupe I've seen on dealer's lot, I mean...Charizard! lol.

HondaGirl999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
My coworkers have one. I got super excited and even wanted to give them one of the little stickers I ordered for the button blanks. Then I realized I've never spoken to them the entire time I've been at my job then quickly threw that idea out and went back to just ignoring everyone as always.
This is my favorite comment on this thread hahaha. I work from home, so my only coworker is myself...in the first week I had the car, I'd go peek at it sitting pretty in the garage like 4 times a day. Okay okay, let's be real, I still do that a fair amount...

HondaGirl999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
They're still pretty rare on the roads in my area, too. The first one I spotted was a few months ago, another MSM. A pretty blonde girl was driving it. She was turning left from the road I was turning right on to. I slowed down and rolled down my window to say "cool car!", and she was already rolling down her window to do the same. We both slowed way down mid-turn in the intersection and gushed about how awesome our cars were as we rolled slowly past. It was pretty romantic. Thought it might be true love, but then both of those beauties drove out of my life forever. Still get a little choked up... Oh come on, who's cutting onions?
Well that was simply the most romantic thing I've ever heard...up until the end. You must find her again and complete the romance! :love: Do it for your future Honda babies!

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

Yup. Sometimes I get off the highway early and take the long route home.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
This is my favorite comment on this thread hahaha. I work from home, so my only coworker is myself...in the first week I had the car, I'd go peek at it sitting pretty in the garage like 4 times a day. Okay okay, let's be real, I still do that a fair amount...
Especially when it's raining I can't help but stare at it. Despite being less and less rare I still love the way mine looks.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's a huge building right next to a long stoplight a block from my work. It has the giant mirrored glass windows that make it perfect to get a nice, sexy look at her every morning. I can't help it. It's been almost a year and I still look at the reflection every morning. Cool to watch the reflection as I take off when the light turns, too... as the pedestrians dive out of the way because I'm staring at the reflection.

This story made me laugh really hard because I can really identify with that, but isn't this what we need to do to "be the change" or whatever? Maybe if you had approached them they'd have thought it was awesome and you'd have become friends, frolicking through the hills in your Civics into the sunset! Or maybe they would have thought you were a weirdo and shunned you even more strongly than before. Hmm, probably the latter. Nevermind, you made a good life choice.
(1) This car is so sexy reflected in large windows. No lie, I've had the CMBS kick in because I was distracted looking at myself crawling up to a red light. Oops. :oops:

(2) Go find her and start a Honda family. Find that road again, maybe its her routine commute. Bring her Honda-shaped Godiva and new-car scented flowers. You'll be Netflixin' and Chillin' within the hour. :love::lock:

(3) I also have a coworker with a Touring. I pulled next to him one morning when we came in at the same time. Was gonna chat about the car when we got out. He seemed completely apathetic. I've also noticed he's never washed it in the months he's had it. It looks like he commutes through mud each morning. So that convo went nowhere quickly. :banghead:

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love how the lights stay on for a little after getting out at night. Gives me time to give her a complete walk around. When I first got her I would look out the window 20 times a day and be like wow so beautiful. I still do it haha.
After installing the clear side markers, I am even more mesmerized. I step into the garage just to oggle sometimes. So sexy! I notice every CivicX out on the road because I actively look for them. I don't see as many in the area I live and the ones I do are LX and EX 2.0. And yes, I would first look at the driver to see if they look back. If they do, then I wave. So far, mine's the only one I've noticed that has some mods done. I was tailed by another TWOP in town 2 weeks ago but I was in a rental Chevy Sonic (my baby was being diagnosed for the strange grinding start up noise). Doppelganger in town. Crap! I didn't wave at him but I would've if I was in my TWOP.
Sponsored