Spotting other Civic owners on the road

HondaGirl999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Well...It's finally happened. I was the first and only person in my neighborhood with a CivicX...until YESTERDAY. Some fool thought it would be cool to copy my obvious great taste and get a Civic for themselves! Luckily not the same color, I would have had to ask them to return it... ;)
Sponsored

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well...It's finally happened. I was the first and only person in my neighborhood with a CivicX...until YESTERDAY. Some fool thought it would be cool to copy my obvious great taste and get a Civic for themselves! Luckily not the same color, I would have had to ask them to return it... ;)
Get a jolly rancher hard candy, suck on it, and put it on the paint. Unscrew their tire caps and throw the caps away. Other inconspicuous things you can do to send a message: Step on the front bumper, snap off the windshield wipers, move their side mirrors, or the classic, just key the side of their car.

(This is a joke, don't do this. It's not illegal but IMO is unethical.)

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get a jolly rancher hard candy, suck on it, and put it on the paint. Unscrew their tire caps and throw the caps away. Other inconspicuous things you can do to send a message: Step on the front bumper, snap off the windshield wipers, move their side mirrors, or the classic, just key the side of their car.

Got damn that's savage AF.

lmao I saw another Touring from out of state at Target the other day and I kind of wanted to tell him to eff off. This is my turf. #sorrynotsorry

HondaGirl999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T

HAHAHA HOLY SHIT. I'd be lying if those kinds of things didn't go through my head...but I'll be nice about it, since I know I was first :p

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
HAHAHA HOLY SHIT. I'd be lying if those kinds of things didn't go through my head...but I'll be nice about it, since I know I was first :p
Just give them that *realllllyyyy* long side-eye and they'll subconsciously know lmao...

MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan + a few non-Hondas
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I still don't see many around here, though I've seen a couple, always with oblivious drivers. A couple of days ago as I was making a right turn I spotted a brand new ABM with the temporary placard still on. I slowed down and rolled down (why is this still called "roll" down?) my window to wave, and the dude was actually looking at mine and waved back! Nice to see someone that actually realizes what they're driving and notices others. I noticed he was checking out the grille, too. I wanted to give him a honk just to show off the new horn, but we turned opposite directions soon after. Not before we both gave a thumbs up as we passed though!

Clearly that's exactly what happened! He saw yours parked outside at some point and just had to have one. And by "had to have one" I mean "had to be a jerk-faced coypcat". At least you'll always be the first in your 'hood.

MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan + a few non-Hondas
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got damn that's savage AF.

lmao I saw another Touring from out of state at Target the other day and I kind of wanted to tell him to eff off. This is my turf. #sorrynotsorry
I still haven't seen another Touring anywhere yet. But if I do, I will slap him or her with a white glove and prepare for a joust. Or a swordfight or whatever.

HondaGirl999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Clearly that's exactly what happened! He saw yours parked outside at some point and just had to have one. And by "had to have one" I mean "had to be a jerk-faced coypcat". At least you'll always be the first in your 'hood.
Hahaha, yes my impeccable taste was bound to be copied at some point! I almost had 3 months of being the lone wolf...it was fun while it lasted! :rolleyes:

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
To this day, I have not seen any other Touring Civics in my area. I've seen Coupes and other Civics but only EX-T / EX / LX.

sunnysunday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t 2016
Country flag
I'm in Los Angeles and see them on the road nearly every time I go out for a drive.

Haha of course mine is the best looking one on the road. Literally, because I have yet to see a civic with anything in the way of a mod with the exception for rims and tint.

Boy do I love pulling up to a red light, hitting that brake hold button, and giving another civic driver my foooine crystal black ass with muffler tips haha

Really though, I find it incredibly strange that I haven't seen a civic that isn't 1-2 steps from looking stock

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
This is a joke, don't do this. It's not illegal but IMO is unethical.
Where the hell in the developed world is what you described NOT illegal???
Maaybe in the 14th century if you vandalized your neighbour's oxen cart because it looked similar to yours you'd get away with it...but c'mon! :p

PSA: Please do not vandalize other civics lol :p

...that said, they are gathering popularity here as well.
Not as many Tourings as other trims, but still.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good point.

Can I still hope to have a hottie with a new Civic wave back if I flash her? We'd both turn around, ogle each other while batting our eyelids seductively, race each other back to my place to Netflix and Chill, and eventually get married to Jodeci?

Then me and my Civic SO would have babies, get the single family house with the white picket fence, wave "Hi!" to our neighbors while getting the newspaper in our robes every morning, and live happily ever after.

"Oh, how'd you guys meet?"

"We flashed each other one day - it was true love from then on out!"
This nearly happened today. Was in the line the drive-through at Bojangles, when this girl with a '16 EX-T had to pull over to wait for her food. She ends up pulling out in front of me without looking, no biggie tho. I let her in. Queued up the Jodeci in Android Auto and was about to let my mediocre vocal cords shine, but she made a left and I made a right.

The single life continues...

RS016

My RS Turbo - Aussie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic RS turbo, 2014 Civic hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Civic X's are still very rare where I am - to date I have only seen one other and it was another RS (in Brilliant Sporty Blue) and he was driving towards me flashing his lights, thumbs up and huge smile...
I still cannot get used to the number of head spins I get wherever I go - it's incredible the number of people who turn for a good look.

HondaGirl999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
This nearly happened today. Was in the line the drive-through at Bojangles, when this girl with a '16 EX-T had to pull over to wait for her food. She ends up pulling out in front of me without looking, no biggie tho. I let her in. Queued up the Jodeci in Android Auto and was about to let my mediocre vocal cords shine, but she made a left and I made a right.

The single life continues...
Oooh, so close! I have hope for you, with your genius Godiva ideas and what not. Also, lol at "mediocre vocal cords." Honesty is good! :lol:
Sponsored