PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
Civics up through 95 didn't have chrome. If any window trim on various models was not black, it'd be a stainless type metal, not shiny.
Honda Civic 10th gen Spotted: 2016 Honda Civic Sedan FULLY Revealed! 1992_honda_civic_4_dr_dx_sedan-pic-8709676312736836383

Yes, it's shiny fake-chrome plastic trim. No, it's neither metal nor stainless type.

So I think those of us who prefer the clean simple style of civics 95 and earlier will take issue with the chrome.
If you haven't liked a Civic since 1995, it's hardly shocking you won't like the new one.

Another issue with the chrome is that it feels very Hyundai to me. The previous Sonata had the chrome window strip reach out into the headlights. So to me this is a Hyundai design language.
Yeah, I think Hyundai invented chrome trim. :rolleyes1:

Check out the chrome on this baby! Inner grille trim, outer grille trim, front and rear bumpers, side mirrors, windshield trim, side window trim, door handles, taillight trim, windshield wipers... They really had a field day. I think we can call the CivicX pretty tame in comparison! (Still keeping the same colors though, I see...)
Honda Civic 10th gen Spotted: 2016 Honda Civic Sedan FULLY Revealed! 487716d1163482740-history-honda-civic-top_wh9_pakwheels-com-

(Next time just say "I hate it." There's no argument for that.)

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Spotted: 2016 Honda Civic Sedan FULLY Revealed! 1992_honda_civic_4_dr_dx_sedan-pic-8709676312736836383

Yes, it's shiny fake-chrome plastic trim. No, it's neither metal nor stainless type.

If you haven't liked a Civic since 1995, it's hardly shocking you won't like the new one.

Check out the chrome on this baby! Inner grille trim, outer grille trim, front and rear bumpers, side mirrors, windshield trim, side window trim, door handles, taillight trim, windshield wipers... They really had a field day. I think we can call the CivicX pretty tame in comparison! (Still keeping the same colors though, I see...)
Honda Civic 10th gen Spotted: 2016 Honda Civic Sedan FULLY Revealed! 487716d1163482740-history-honda-civic-top_wh9_pakwheels-com-

Right? Instead of arguing what honda "should" change to suit one persons specific needs accept it as is, which is meant to appeal to a mass market of people that see chrome trim as an upscale looking way to trim a car or go buy another car. If you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to buy it.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
I remember owning a black EX Accord in 96 and replacing the chrome plastic that wrapped around the doors with a guy who had a 96 DX that had black plastic wrap around the doors. I loved the all black look and he liked the chrome....it was a win win! We'll see what trims come with what soon enough.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag

You definitely got me on the first generation civic. But the 92-95 sedan I was correct about. Arguably the most popular generation of Civic, devoid of any chrome farkling.
BTW I don't "hate it". I don't like it. And I stated that those who prefer cleaner civics like the 92-95 models would likely not like the chrome either. That's all I said. I feel it doesn't deserve your aggressive retort which is bordering on condescending. It seems you're making more personal than need be. Oh and btw you shouldn't tell anyone what to say unless it's your kids.

Actually I think the new Civic is hugely better than the last 2 generations and I'm sure the Si will have less chrome which will make me myself and I very happy along with a few others who appreciate less bling, more sport.