C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Rendered this thing on bags and Volk Re30's.
Let the modding begin!

Nice job. Now that we have the full car I hope you photoshop experts can come up with some aftermarket designs
Sponsored

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Yea gives it a more premium look. It would be nice if the whole line up got that chrome trim.
There is a large group of Honda buyers who would prefer to do without the Hyundai style chrome treatments. Honda should make it limited to the vehicles with leather interior.

Or hopefully there will be non-chrome replacements for this tacked on brightwork.

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf
I agree that I could do without the bling. At the most I would not mind the thin chrome window surround on the Civic Concept.

Honda Civic 10th gen Spotted: 2016 Honda Civic Sedan FULLY Revealed! {filename}

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
This is by far the best looking, sportiest and highest end looking civic they've ever made.
It's nice but it doesn't really look sporty at all, thus the Accord comments by some.
This is sporty:
Honda Civic 10th gen Spotted: 2016 Honda Civic Sedan FULLY Revealed! si

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's nice but it doesn't really look sporty at all, thus the Accord comments by some.
This is sporty:
Honda Civic 10th gen Spotted: 2016 Honda Civic Sedan FULLY Revealed! {filename}
You're comparing the coupe to the sedan! You can't compare the coupe to the sedan in terms of sporty look. In terms of the civic sedan, the 10th gen is the highest end sportiest civic sedan we've seen. And when the coupe is finally shown it'll be the sportiest COUPE civic we've seen. I'm not saying the 8th and 9th gen civic coupes weren't sporty in comparison to the sedan, i'm saying this new civic is gonna take the cake in terms of a mature, upscale sport oriented appearance in relation to their previous iterations.

Because honestly, compare the 8th or 9th gen coupes to the 10th generation coupe just from what we've seen so far, spy shots and the concept. No competition.... the 10th gen gets the win.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
The 2016 coupe should look even better than that one.

And I think what Rob meant was it's the sportiest Civic sedan they've ever made. Not fair to compare a sedan to a coupe in terms of sportiness.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 2016 coupe should look even better than that one.

And I think what Rob meant was it's the sportiest Civic sedan they've ever made. Not fair to compare a sedan to a coupe in terms of sportiness.
Took the words right out of my mouth before i could get mine posted. haha. And yes, exactly. You can't compare coupe and sedan in terms of sportiness.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
You're comparing the coupe to the sedan! You can't compare the coupe to the sedan in terms of sporty look. In terms of the civic sedan, the 10th gen is the highest end sportiest civic sedan we've seen. And when the coupe is finally shown it'll be the sportiest COUPE civic we've seen. I'm not saying the 8th and 9th gen civic coupes weren't sporty in comparison to the sedan, i'm saying this new civic is gonna take the cake in terms of a mature, upscale sport oriented appearance in relation to their previous iterations.

Because honestly, compare the 8th or 9th gen coupes to the 10th generation coupe just from what we've seen so far, spy shots and the concept. No competition.... the 10th gen gets the win.
The 8th gen Si sedan is nearly as sporty as the coupe.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 8th gen Si sedan is nearly as sporty as the coupe.
And you can't compare the Si to the regular civic either since it has extra sporty appointments the regular civic doesn't get.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
And you can't compare the Si to the regular civic either since it has extra sporty appointments the regular civic doesn't get.
Sure, but "This is by far the best looking, sportiest and highest end looking civic they've ever made." could be taken as meaning any Civic, period, since the Si is a Civic. Maybe you meant "non-Si", which you should have specified ("Other than the Si, this is...").

Personally, I think every non-Si Civic from maybe 7th gen on looked more sporty than this 2016.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sure, but "This is by far the best looking, sportiest and highest end looking civic they've ever made." could be taken as meaning any Civic, period, since the Si is a Civic. Maybe you meant "non-Si", which you should have specified ("Other than the Si, this is...").

Personally, I think every non-Si Civic from maybe 7th gen on looked more sporty than this 2016.
That's your opinion. Speaking from not just my opinion but what i also know about design aesthetics, i disagree wholly. I'm not saying the 8th and 9th didn't have their sporty merits. But the 10th gen as we've seen it so far outshines its direct predecessors in almost every way when it comes to contemporary design rules and current global trends.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
That's your opinion. Speaking from not just my opinion but what i also know about design aesthetics, i disagree wholly. I'm not saying the 8th and 9th didn't have their sporty merits. But the 10th gen as we've seen it so far outshines its direct predecessors in almost every way when it comes to contemporary design rules and current global trends.
Don't mistake "sporty" for "current". Sure, the 10th looks more current, but (IMO) less sporty. I'm sure some others will agree. I don't need to be a graphic designer to know what a sports car should look like. I'm sure you could put Accord badges on this 10th sedan and fool millions of people, especially considering the Accord is now a little sporty itself (actually about the same as this Civic).

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
The 10th gen so far (revealed sedan and coupe concept) are definitely sportier (not just more current looking) than their counterparts of the last two generations. I think most people would agree.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 10th gen so far (revealed sedan and coupe concept) are definitely sportier (not just more current looking) than their counterparts of the last two generations. I think most people would agree.
From what i've read online on other forums, auto mags discussions, etc most people do agree this is the sportiest and best looking civic there has been, despite having a more grown up and mature style to it.
Sponsored