EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
This would've made a great Accord. I'm slightly disappointed, what can I say? Perhaps it'll grow on me.
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This would've made a great Accord. I'm slightly disappointed, what can I say? Perhaps it'll grow on me.
What exactly are you disappointed in? After the concept car, the patent images and the spy shots what part of it was not already basically revealed?

This is by far the best looking, sportiest and highest end looking civic they've ever made. Personally i think the gray color doesn't do it justice. It hides the black grill accents alot which makes a huge difference in how the front end is viewed. A lighter color would look better than this almost black gray color. And the taillights are a little on the large side, but that's why the coupe is meant to be the looker of the family. The sedan is always going to be slightly less sexy.

4DBox

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silver EXT, 2018 Volt
Country flag
It indeed did come out looking like a scaled-down Crosstour.
Crosstour. Agreed. The rear does looks like evolved Civic. However, in the first pic front of the windshield it looks fat and bulbous while the lower doors appear too pinched. I'm also not liking the big trapezoidal "brake scoops" front and rear, especially the rear which is unnecessarily like the ridiculous treatment Honda uses on the Fit. I don't know, having a hard time feeling it from pics, but then again I'm at work maybe later after I apply beer goggles I'll love it?

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
What exactly are you disappointed in? After the concept car, the patent images and the spy shots what part of it was not already basically revealed?

This is by far the best looking, sportiest and highest end looking civic they've ever made. Personally i think the gray color doesn't do it justice. It hides the black grill accents alot which makes a huge difference in how the front end is viewed. A lighter color would look better than this almost black gray color. And the taillights are a little on the large side, but that's why the coupe is meant to be the looker of the family. The sedan is always going to be slightly less sexy.
Totally agree on the color if this had been in a white or lighter color it would look even better, especially considering that bad weather it was caught in. I love the bold tail lights!

Coupe is going to be hot.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed. Color and an unflattering amount of light doesn't do it justice at all. Can't believe people are disappointed in what was revealed considering we've seen so many spy shots AND official patent renders. It looks exactly like what we've been seeing so far and everyone was super exciting. Now they're not feeling it? Weird, maybe we just have more coupe lovers here than sedan lovers. (me. lol)

I think the color really does play a huge part here though. A white or silver would have shown it off alot better. Wish the photographer would have snuck up and taken pictures of the interior so we could see the gauges. I wanna see what honda did with those. lol.

And agreed, coupe is going to be sexy.

MMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
Not disappointed at all. These are not the clearest photos and it is a dull gray color in downcast weather it looks like. On top of it all I have rarely seen a sedan that I like and this is a worthy attempt. The coupe with that roofline and a shorter frame will be VERY nice.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It this a civic sedan or hatchback ??? Looks like a hatch.

Its the sedan. The hatchback is still a year out so we won't be seeing it for some time. It just has a liftback profile because the trunk lid is higher up and the back window is more sloped than on the current car. But it is the sedan.

MMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
How can anyone think this is the hatchback? It's just a more fastback profile. The hatch will have an unmistakable rear end/decklid and it's already been photographed.

Honda Civic 10th gen Spotted: 2016 Honda Civic Sedan FULLY Revealed! {filename}

Notice the completely different rear/quarter window shape and deck lid.

Honda Civic 10th gen Spotted: 2016 Honda Civic Sedan FULLY Revealed! {filename}

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love it! It´s definitely a 5 door, not a regular 4 door sedan.
This is not a 5 door. This is a 4 door sedan with a traditional trunk. The photographer already confirmed this on another forum. The fastback look is because of the higher trunk lid position and the sloped rear end which is currently a popular style in most modern sedans because it has more of a coupe like profile and looks nicer than a boxy sedan look.

The hatchback is a year out people. We won't be seeing a production version of it for some time. You can't base anything on the test mule pictures going around either. That is nothing but a mule made of an ILX front end and a 9th gen euro civic back end. It in no way reflects what the 10th gen hatchback will look like. It is for engine/suspension/exhaust testing only.

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Can't wait to see it in more colors next week. If it looks good in this dark color in bad conditions and with a cellphone camera, the official reveal pics are going to look even better.

nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Civic, Passat
Not too bad.
The chrome grill looks weird. It looks much better blacked out like on the concept.
Rims are definitely too small.
The rear is good.
The car looks long but that may just be a camera effect. Looking forward to the coupe and SI. Give me at least 220 hp the SI is a first week purchase.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Well it's definitely not a return to the simplicity of the 88-95 Civics.

This sedan is ok looking, but too busy especially with the 2 character lines on the side, one of which seems random, and the rear sail windows.

It'll be competitive against the Korean sedans at least.

I think the coupe will look better.

Yeah I was kinda hoping for a return to a simpler design language. No need for the busy-ness. Understated, refrained design lasts longer.

But I do like the nose. If I was previously considering an Acura ILX, I'd probably get the Civic instead. It has a nicer "beak"
Sponsored