Spotify through Bluetooth instead of Apple CarPlay?

NathanDrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic
Is this possible?

I don't see a Spotify app for the main infotainment system.
Sponsored

OP
OP

NathanDrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic
Also, I've noticed that Bluetooth audio quality seems REALLY BAD compared to a direct connection via AppleCarplay....is it just me?

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Also, I've noticed that Bluetooth audio quality seems REALLY BAD compared to a direct connection via AppleCarplay....is it just me?
You can steam any audio source from your phone over bluetooth once it's paired.
You don't need an app in your cars infotainment system specifically for it.
But you won't have as much control, you'll just get basic track information, play, and next track.

Bluetooth is a lossy standard that relies on a lot of compression so it will always sound worse than a wired connection.
It was meant to do things like connect mice and printers wireleslly, not meet the demands of high quality music playback.
Additionally we don't know what version of bluetooth honda used, later versions attempt to address the quality of audio playback specifically, but still a $50 pair of wired headphones can sound better than a $400 pair of bluetooth ones.
But much like the MP3s people listen to anyway, most people don't actually care much about audio quality.
"good" sound is a niche market.

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
I tried using Bluetooth the other day with Amazon prime music but I wouldn't get any sound even though it was playing. I was kind of disappointed and then gave up on using it.

garthruecker142

First Name
garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini2
Country flag
You have to make sure if your device in car supports listening to Spotify Music through bluetooth. If you think bluetooth is too bad to use, you can consider to play music by USB cable. Just like my car. Another way is to burn the Spotify music to a CD and then play the CD in car. I have use a converter on Google called DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter. It removes DRM and I can play Spotify songs without this app. After getting songs, I will import them to CD or play them in car by USB cable.

Honda Civic 10th gen Spotify through Bluetooth instead of Apple CarPlay? google-spotify music converter

Last edited:

kellyken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Country flag
If you stream Spotify via Bluetooth, every time you want to switch the song, you need to pick up for phone to perform it, right? It might distract you off the road. Why don't you use a Spotify song downloader to get the spotify music files and put them in your car system. This way you can control the music playback on your car.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
If you stream Spotify via Bluetooth, every time you want to switch the song, you need to pick up for phone to perform it, right? It might distract you off the road. Why don't you use a Spotify song downloader to get the spotify music files and put them in your car system. This way you can control the music playback on your car.
I can skip songs on the steering wheel while using Spotify via Bluetooth.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
No it's not just you. The quality of the BT codec in most car stereos is terrible, unless it 's an expensive one like Parrot, but even then the bandwidth is limited.
My CTR BT is decent but it's instantly better when I connect with Carplay. I just keep an old iPHone in my glovebox. It knocks out the hands free but I have an apple watch so i just use it. For a long conversation I'll just unplug the USB for the iPHone in my glovebox and then the BT jumps to my iPhone for cellular calls.
Update: I no longer have CTR BT paired to my phone.

Last edited:

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
LOL thread

even my LX works flawlessly with BT and Spotify, switching songs and all without touching my phone

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
aaah, here we go, spammers...

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
aaah, here we go, spammers...
Assuming this thread was recently bumped by a spammer: sometimes the mods work fast here, and it looks any recent spam has already been eradicated (though the older examples are still up).

That said: of course there will be spammers here, because it's a post that mentions Spotify. I have neither the time nor inclination to research this, but I'll bet if you searched the Audio/Nav forum for "Spotify" you'd see some degree of spam in literally every single thread. It's like clockwork.

The word "Spotify" is like one of those bug-zapping lights. Spammers can't help but be drawn to it.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If bad audio were fatal it would be the leading cause of death.

You can steam any audio source from your phone over bluetooth once it's paired.
You don't need an app in your cars infotainment system specifically for it.
But you won't have as much control, you'll just get basic track information, play, and next track.

Bluetooth is a lossy standard that relies on a lot of compression so it will always sound worse than a wired connection.
It was meant to do things like connect mice and printers wireleslly, not meet the demands of high quality music playback.
Additionally we don't know what version of bluetooth honda used, later versions attempt to address the quality of audio playback specifically, but still a $50 pair of wired headphones can sound better than a $400 pair of bluetooth ones.
But much like the MP3s people listen to anyway, most people don't actually care much about audio quality.
"good" sound is a niche market.
Sponsored