Spotify Song Metadata Stuck on Infotainment Display

ErsatzLore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport (FC2)
Country flag
Debated on whether or not to post this, but I've been having this issue for the past week where anytime I play Spotify music via Bluetooth connection, the infotainment screen will display the first or second song's name and will not change if I skip to a different track - manually or with steering controls. The new track will play, however the name won't change and on the Multi-Info Display, the name doesn't appear at all!

After commandeering a friend's Samsung A52, we tested with Amazon Music and Spotify to see if we could replicate the problem. Surprising everyone, including my Civic, it didn't have the above issue and also felt more responsive compared to my Motorola moto g power even when quickly skipping songs via steering controls.

I've tried plenty of troubleshooting on both phone and Civic except for a factory reset of the infotainment system, pulling a fuse, and buying a new phone. After testing with my friend's Samsung A52, I'm really starting to think it's just my moto g power and not the Civic. I haven't had this problem in my few months of ownership up until last week. As annoying as it is...should I just live with it?
Sponsored

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Ive noticed it using youtube music as well. Odd thing is when it happens you can do something to change the screen (like hit the right camera of you have it) and it will update. Its only done it a couple of times. Once I think it was just the art that wouldnt update.

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Debated on whether or not to post this, but I've been having this issue for the past week where anytime I play Spotify music via Bluetooth connection, the infotainment screen will display the first or second song's name and will not change if I skip to a different track - manually or with steering controls. The new track will play, however the name won't change and on the Multi-Info Display, the name doesn't appear at all!

After commandeering a friend's Samsung A52, we tested with Amazon Music and Spotify to see if we could replicate the problem. Surprising everyone, including my Civic, it didn't have the above issue and also felt more responsive compared to my Motorola moto g power even when quickly skipping songs via steering controls.

I've tried plenty of troubleshooting on both phone and Civic except for a factory reset of the infotainment system, pulling a fuse, and buying a new phone. After testing with my friend's Samsung A52, I'm really starting to think it's just my moto g power and not the Civic. I haven't had this problem in my few months of ownership up until last week. As annoying as it is...should I just live with it?
I had this issue awhile back and I can't remember for the life of me how I resolved it. Disconnect and reconnecting the battery would essentially reset the system so as a last resort that should clear up the issue. I'm not sure how you would turn off the antitheft system for the trims with Android and Apple play though. For the base models we just push and hold in the volume knob until it beeps.

Hope this helps!

-Rob

OP
OP
ErsatzLore

ErsatzLore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport (FC2)
Country flag
Ive noticed it using youtube music as well. Odd thing is when it happens you can do something to change the screen (like hit the right camera of you have it) and it will update. Its only done it a couple of times. Once I think it was just the art that wouldnt update.
Switching to the home screen leads to the MID sometimes displaying the next song I skip to, but when in the Audio screen, it reverts back to displaying nothing in the little pop-up under my speed. YouTube proper works fine, but I can experiment with YouTube Music and see if I get the same effect like I do with Spotify.

I had this issue awhile back and I can't remember for the life of me how I resolved it. Disconnect and reconnecting the battery would essentially reset the system so as a last resort that should clear up the issue. I'm not sure how you would turn off the antitheft system for the trims with Android and Apple play though. For the base models we just push and hold in the volume knob until it beeps.

Hope this helps!

-Rob
Rebooting the infotainment via the volume knob does seem to work, but only for a minute before it realizes it needs to freeze on whatever song it fancies ? Never held it long enough until it beeped, though. I'll give it a shot and see if that does indeed solve the issue before disconnecting the battery. Worst case scenario, my Civic hates Motorolas and I'll have to get a new phone a bit sooner than expected.

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Switching to the home screen leads to the MID sometimes displaying the next song I skip to, but when in the Audio screen, it reverts back to displaying nothing in the little pop-up under my speed. YouTube proper works fine, but I can experiment with YouTube Music and see if I get the same effect like I do with Spotify.

Rebooting the infotainment via the volume knob does seem to work, but only for a minute before it realizes it needs to freeze on whatever song it fancies ? Never held it long enough until it beeped, though. I'll give it a shot and see if that does indeed solve the issue before disconnecting the battery. Worst case scenario, my Civic hates Motorolas and I'll have to get a new phone a bit sooner than expected.
I find yelling at the car and calling it vulgar names helps. Of course when I say helps I mean me calm down and not the actual issue at hand. The Sport has the fancy infotainment system correct?

OP
OP
ErsatzLore

ErsatzLore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport (FC2)
Country flag
I find yelling at the car and calling it vulgar names helps. Of course when I say helps I mean me calm down and not the actual issue at hand. The Sport has the fancy infotainment system correct?
I empathize greatly with that. And yes, the 7" display, not mine depicted,

Honda Civic 10th gen Spotify Song Metadata Stuck on Infotainment Display head unit

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I empathize greatly with that. And yes, the 7" display, not mine depicted,

head unit.jpg
I have a specific wrench I throw in my garage when I've had enough and usually my hat follows suit. Lately the car's been behaving but I swear I hear a ever so slight clicking from my recent end link install like something's loose and it's driving (pun intended) me crazy.

Yeah that's the fancy infotainment. Here is what mine looked like before I gutted the interior. It's not touch screen either. I don't care for touch screens for certain things and my car's infotainment system is one of em. I'll do some more research into the resetting that system and post if anything plausible comes up.

Honda Civic 10th gen Spotify Song Metadata Stuck on Infotainment Display 118770004_2687697938155385_4536921556343242775_n

echoecho999

First Name
Echo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X5
Did the issue solve? How do you solve this issue?

WilliamRobertson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Country flag
AMusicSoft Spotify Music Converter can keep the preservation of original ID3 tags and metadata information for each song. Additionally, AMusicSoft Spotify Music Converter supports batch processing, allowing users to convert large collections of Spotify tracks all at once. The process using AMusicSoft will only last for a few minutes because it can work up to 5x faster. You can also feel at ease in using this tool because it can give you the best output quality which is just the same as the original copy. Lastly, the downloaded songs can be streamed offline anytime on any device that you want.
Sponsored