Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it possible to install spotify without rooting the stock os?
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Is it possible to install spotify without rooting the stock os?
Not sure if this helps, but when I plug my iPhone in, when I use Apple car play I have Spotify there as well as Waze. Both work great. Stock car.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Without root? No.

Why are you so afraid of rooting it though? Do you understand what "rooting" means?

Have you seen the actual Spotify client on a rooted HU? It's a SUPER OLD version that SUUUUCKS and is painful to use because the stock HU doesn't have a cellular data connection.
I just used my phone hotspot and downloaded my playlist to the headunit. No issues, works flawless.

SamualSS

First Name
Samual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Benz
Country flag
I download the Spotify songs on my phone with my premium account. And I use the windows Music Converter for Spotify from AudFree to save the songs. The converted Spotify songs are of no quality loss. So I can upload the songs to any other devices for playback anytime.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I download the Spotify songs on my phone with my premium account. And I use the windows Music Converter for Spotify from AudFree to save the songs. The converted Spotify songs are of no quality loss. So I can upload the songs to any other devices for playback anytime.
Keep in mind that any lossy to lossy conversion does technically result in quality loss (think of converting JPG to JPG repeatedly). Granted you'd need to do a lot of converting to really hear any loss. Lossless to lossy will also have quality loss for obvious reasons. Lossy to lossless will have no quality loss though. I don't believe Spotify will upload lossless files, it may convert non-MP3 to MP3 though, so keep that in mind. Granted, if you don't hear the difference, it makes no real difference then ;)

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
How can I get Spotify premium for free?
How can you get the paid version without paying for it? I guess if you buy Spotify, or sleep with whoever owns it they'll give you a free upgrade. Maybe you have a sugerdaddy/momma you can get to pay for it, would that then be free to you?

I hope you take that with the good natured ribbing it is intended to have :)

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
I just used my phone hotspot and downloaded my playlist to the headunit. No issues, works flawless.
Please never connect the OEM tablet to WiFi/hotspot or provide it any kind of internet access (this includes HondaHack, which requires connecting to a Chinese site), as doing so has a high likelihood of having the OS exploited since it's running a non-supported 7yr old unpatched OS and 7yr old unpatched apps.
Sponsored