Sport Touring Owners - awful when taking off?

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2016 Odyssey EX-L/RES, 2008 CBR600RR (still a Honda)
Yeah, I've had a lot of manuals but I was a catcher for almost 20 years so knees are shot and can't do it anymore.. so have to look into the auto world.

So the flash on your Sport touring give you good off the line power?
Sorry to hear about the knees but I haven't flashed it yet and I feel like it's somewhat quick enough for me.

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
U can tune it pass the safe tested 6psi boost hondata did. They did 6psi boost and got the car to 205 hp from 180 to 205hp is nice jump good enough to keep up with a Si from the factory. However they can do the same flash, our 6mt HB can get up to 225 230 using the same flash. For the most part SRT and Mustang gt I don't even bother cause unless we are dancing through traffic they have me. I've eaten a few 10th civic 4 doors. Some si's I've taken but I think it came down to the operator more than the machines. However I did want to add if you really want to laugh at the word sport in terms of trim I only need to mention my other car 14 corolla s. 132 hp and it's a "sport" hahaha love my rolla tho nvr let's me down. Back to the whole tune thing there is a thread if you are interested, posted by hondata it self where it shows you the capability of the hondata tune on the cvt. That's why I mentioned you can go passed the safest test thus far, but you will be swapping out the cvt belts left and right, if that's even a thing. I'm not gonna pretend like I'm an expert I have no idea if the belt it self can be swapped, if not then I'm assuming the whole cvt has to go. I've been told the flash gives the car a brand new life entirely. And I belive it a 25 HP gain on just computer work isnt bad. Once performance mods start coming out for our ride too we will be more competative. Just consider doing handling upgrades first cause something I can tell you I think is weak is our brakes, I do a combination of engine and service braking cause other wise I feel the car has no stopping power.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
If I need to "shit n' git", I click down a couple times beforehand.

What I need to remember is, when I had a manual, I might have had to take it out of gear, blip the throttle to rev-match (double clutching optional), then shift into the lower gear -- and the whole process takes time.

I don't think it takes the CVT's manual-shift mode much longer to do the same thing. It might even be a bit quicker. Plus, it's impossible to miss a shift.

Once it's in gear, though -- yeah, I still notice the turbo lag. Maybe I should drive this tankful exclusively in S mode and see how it goes.

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
However I did want to add if you really want to laugh at the word sport in terms of trim I only need to mention my other car 14 corolla s. 132 hp and it's a "sport" hahaha love my rolla tho nvr let's me down.
The "S" stands for special edition, not sport

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The "S" stands for special edition, not sport
As much as that makes sense as an owner of one I can tell u it's for sport. Even on the invoice tag they have it as corolla sport, corolla sport plus, corolla sport premium now with the xse I can imagine it's for special edition. But I'm willing to bet toyota went with sport edition.

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not saying it can't happen, but I personally think that it would a nice battle. The camry is heavier, and and on paper has less power. Not all camry owners opt for the awd which is also a plus in the HB favor. The next argument is most camry owners don't fall into the category of people who do stuff to their car. One of our civics with a tiny bit of work easily beats it. Now you mention the v6 awd yeah I'm putting money on the camry all the time against the cvt, but against the 6mt with some work nah. I love toyota bro, hands down a good company in terms of family orientation but bad company in terms of pleasing it's enthusiasts it's part of the reason I bought the civic hatch and not a frown on my face since.

OP
OP

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
Lol no way I'm telling my 16 yo daughter her family car is going to be quicker than mine lol.. I think a tune will def in order..

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Maybe I'm just used to more performance vehicles and used to enough power to chirp the tires when I press the gas from a standstill and not feeling like I'm playing a laggy video game. Really hoping a remap can fix that since I love everything else about it. I just expected more out of something with the word 'sport' in its name..
This has nothing to do with "performance vehicles" You're comparing a NA engine to a single Turbo. You just need to learn how to drive a Turbo to get the best out of it. Even a 335i does not like just flooring the throttle. Gotta play that "laggy" video game with turbo cars. Only Twin-Turbo cars make this less of a "game" and feel more like a NA engine as far as power delivery for the un-initiated.
Sponsored