Sport Touring Owners - awful when taking off?

surge83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Crystal Black Pearl Civic Hatchback EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Are you running on S mode or D? I noticed a big diff when I put her in S mode. That and reflashing and you will notice substantial gains.
Sponsored

AegeanHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Its only a 1.5T keep that in mind and its designed to be fuel efficient. Personally, I get plenty of power if I have ECO turned off and am shifted into the "S" mode. At least, it feels more powerful to me

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Go KTuner or FlashPro and never look back! Granted I have a MT, but they literally transform the car. Plus whether you go custom tune or you change things yourself, I promise you that you will think differently about the car.

Branch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport, '07 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
Its only a 1.5T keep that in mind and its designed to be fuel efficient. Personally, I get plenty of power if I have ECO turned off and am shifted into the "S" mode. At least, it feels more powerful to me
On the highway, I will shift down to "S" or paddle down a couple of gears in "D" ECO when passing. I feel there is a noticeable difference in response from the three modes: ECO "D", regular "D" and "S".

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
If I can be totally honest, even with the eco mode on I find my take off to be sufficient. I work delivering plates and regs in ny to dealerships around the bronx and some of upper Manhattan and yonkers so my eco is almost always on. Personal opinion I find a gradual press of the gas is more responsive than a straight to the floor. Also I find mid power range to be nice as is. Still have to do the flash just for that extra gain everyone has mentioned but that won't happen till I drop an inch with coilovers. Also if u want a more I guess natural/raw normal power put the cvt into S and switch to the paddles. M1 feels completely different to D1. Also I'm not saying there isn't any lag but I don't think it's as close to 2 seconds.

OP
OP

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
If I can be totally honest, even with the eco mode on I find my take off to be sufficient. I work delivering plates and regs in ny to dealerships around the bronx and some of upper Manhattan and yonkers so my eco is almost always on. Personal opinion I find a gradual press of the gas is more responsive than a straight to the floor. Also I find mid power range to be nice as is. Still have to do the flash just for that extra gain everyone has mentioned but that won't happen till I drop an inch with coilovers. Also if u want a more I guess natural/raw normal power put the cvt into S and switch to the paddles. M1 feels completely different to D1. Also I'm not saying there isn't any lag but I don't think it's as close to 2 seconds.
Maybe I'm just used to more performance vehicles and used to enough power to chirp the tires when I press the gas from a standstill and not feeling like I'm playing a laggy video game. Really hoping a remap can fix that since I love everything else about it. I just expected more out of something with the word 'sport' in its name..

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I'm just used to more performance vehicles and used to enough power to chirp the tires when I press the gas from a standstill and not feeling like I'm playing a laggy video game. Really hoping a remap can fix that since I love everything else about it. I just expected more out of something with the word 'sport' in its name..
This is with Stage 2 Ktuner. Not my best run by any stretch but the only video I have at the moment. Scratching through 2nd gear is a definite once you flash

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2016 Odyssey EX-L/RES, 2008 CBR600RR (still a Honda)
I don't know about anyone else but I definitely beat most cars off the line with mine without even trying. Now when I really want to launch it I pop it into Sport mode and it does a decent job.

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know about anyone else but I definitely beat most cars off the line with mine without even trying. Now when I really want to launch it I pop it into Sport mode and it does a decent job.
depends on what you are going against so IDK about that. Going to need quite a bit to make this thing quick from a dig, but 2nd gear on up, this car really pulls.

OP
OP

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
Are you CVT or manual though? I know Manual can, but need something definitive on the CVT improvements.

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2016 Odyssey EX-L/RES, 2008 CBR600RR (still a Honda)
Are you CVT or manual though? I know Manual can, but need something definitive on the CVT improvements.
Unfortunately the Sport Touring only comes with CVT and it did take some time for me to get used to it but I don't mind it now.

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
depends on what you are going against so IDK about that. Going to need quite a bit to make this thing quick from a dig, but 2nd gear on up, this car really pulls.
That's why I said most cars, now I've gone up against some muscle cars like the Charger R/T and Mustang GT just for giggles and they were actually shocked on how well I kept up with them...LOL

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's why I said most cars, now I've gone up against some muscle cars like the Charger R/T and Mustang GT just for giggles and they were actually shocked on how well I kept up with them...LOL
Right! I haven't been to a track yet, but my goal is to ultimately get this to low 13's. until then, I just want to be able to walk over all these dam* Focus ST's and Fiesta ST's that are around where I live. They are like nats, they are everywhere!

OP
OP

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Unfortunately the Sport Touring only comes with CVT and it did take some time for me to get used to it but I don't mind it now.
Yeah, I've had a lot of manuals but I was a catcher for almost 20 years so knees are shot and can't do it anymore.. so have to look into the auto world.

So the flash on your Sport touring give you good off the line power?

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right! I haven't been to a track yet, but my goal is to ultimately get this to low 13's. until then, I just want to be able to walk over all these dam* Focus ST's and Fiesta ST's that are around where I live. They are like nats, they are everywhere!
Nice...yeah, there are a lot of Focuses out here too. Have fun with your mods, would love to see your progress.
Sponsored