N2GJGerry

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-20-9 Honda Civic Type R’s
Country flag
I bought an Aegean Blue Hatchback EX-L w/Navi a few weeks ago. I really enjoy the driving experience. My 2013 Accord trade-in (<40k miles) was worth half the value of the Civic all-in! I even got an extra year's (12k miles) warranty. Very pleased.
Honda Civic 10th gen Sport Touring hatchbacks arrive IMG_9557.JPG

N2GJGerry

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-20-9 Honda Civic Type R’s
Country flag
I bought an Aegean Blue Hatchback EX-L w/Navi a few weeks ago. I really enjoy the driving experience. My 2013 Accord trade-in (<40k miles) was worth half the value of the Civic all-in! I even got an extra year's (12k miles) warranty. Very pleased.
IMG_9557.JPG
P.S. Apple CarPlay works really well...you don't really need the NAVI but it was there.

Manual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-T 6mt
Country flag
I'm not sure if Honda has ever officially explained the drop in mpg for the Sport and Sport Touring hatch trims.

We can only speculate, but not know for sure what factors are significant. Im guessing it has something to do with the wheels (spoke design, maybe wider width, larger diameter, heavier weight). Dont know if the cvt is diff from non Sport trims and somehow relevant. I doubt the exhaust is anything more than cosmetic
It's the wheels.

The S and ST have an extra 3.15 inches of rubber on the ground. That's essentially a motorcycle tire that gets squashed and un-squashed every revolution, that much more air that has to get moved out of the way, and if it's wet, that much more water that has to get pumped out from in-between the tires and the road. And then there's the very open spoke design of the wheel itself, as opposed to the mostly closed design that's on the EX -- the 18's will produce a lot of additional turbulence/drag.

AFAIK, Honda never discusses/reveals Cd

Nanucq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 HB Sport Plus 6MT White
On the European and Canadian ST there's buttons to adjust the suspension and auto stop/start and other features that arent included with the stateside civics. Just another way Honda screwed us out of a phenomenal car.
That's right, in europe we have the Adaptive Dampers:

"Adaptive Damper System

Selected top-grade models feature an advanced four-point adaptive damper system that was introduced as a world-first on the 2014 Civic Tourer.

The system allows the driver to select damping force from two modes according to driving conditions. This allows the car to remain comfortable during highway cruising, yet firm and agile when high-performance handling is required. The system has two settings – normal and dynamic – both of which have been developed to enhance stability and comfort under varying load and driving conditions. An electronic control unit calculates the body movement from data acquired by the car’s integrated three-axis body sensors. It then controls a solenoid valve in each damper that regulates the oil flow, which in turn varies the damping force."

source:http://hondanews.eu/eu/en/cars/media/pressreleases/103228/2017-honda-civic1

Honda made strange choices...Would have loved 18 inches wheels on mine...

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
It's the aero. The hatch drops the (highway) mpg about 7% (42 to 39), .. then the big open spoke 18" wheels drop it about another 8% (39 to 36) from there.

I think the "base" sport hatchback 6mt probably should have a 36 mpg highway rating as well, due to the wheels, but the monroney's aren't divided up that way. **Edit-- I guess the Sport IS rated at 36 mpg highway as well**

/they look good, though
They look amazing. I was just shocked to see so much of a difference.

drewsryd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
On the European and Canadian ST there's buttons to adjust the suspension and auto stop/start and other features that arent included with the stateside civics. Just another way Honda screwed us out of a phenomenal car.
Are you sure the adjust suspension buttons are on the Canadian ST?...:hmm:

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
also i just noticed that it has black wheels, which usually costs extra. it doesn't appear to on the sticker and it's not reflected in the final price. also, the honda website doesn't have an option for the black wheels on the ST. I was hoping to get the Polished Metal with black wheels, but didn't want to pay another $1000+ for them.
I purchased:
1) 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Two tone White & Black).
I've done some digging. the rims are $1100 EACH. I purchased a Dealership warranty for 5 years No deductibles unlimited mileage covers:
Rims, Tires ,Windshield. paint chip repairs, Key fob replacement. Got a really great deal.
2) 2017 Civic Hatchback EX Black

canyonblue737

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch, '14 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
Country flag
I purchased:
1) 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Two tone White & Black).
I've done some digging. the rims are $1100 EACH. I purchased a Dealership warranty for 5 years No deductibles unlimited mileage covers:
Rims, Tires ,Windshield. paint chip repairs, Key fob replacement. Got a really great deal.
2) 2017 Civic Hatchback EX Black
I also have a Sport Touring. Got super super minor curb rash on a rim on day 2 (no one can see it but it killed me) so I ran the numbers on getting a new rim, it's much "cheaper" than you are quoting but still rough... $412 plus labor straight from a dealer. I saw you can get them for $300 ($250 plus core charge of $50) from several online OEM parts dealers so I'm guessing if you get them yourselves and have them mounted maybe $350?

I'm living with my tiny scuff that I put a bit of black paint on until I inevitably really screw it up LOL.

PS: maybe your quote of $1100 was for the set of 4?

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
It's the aero. The hatch drops the (highway) mpg about 7% (42 to 39), .. then the big open spoke 18" wheels drop it about another 8% (39 to 36) from there.

I think the "base" sport hatchback 6mt probably should have a 36 mpg highway rating as well, due to the wheels, but the monroney's aren't divided up that way. **Edit-- I guess the Sport IS rated at 36 mpg highway as well**

/they look good, though
That's BS on the wheels, I saw zero change switching from my 18s to 16" winter wheels. Mileage on these turbos varies so much day to day based on temperatures, gas etc, that it's ridiculous to make such a claim about the wheels. My hatch gets 38-39 mpg on winter formulation, 40-41 in the summer, so the 39 highway mpg rating seems about right. And that's driving at 75 mph, people posting big numbers are driving 55 mph.

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I also have a Sport Touring. Got super super minor curb rash on a rim on day 2 (no one can see it but it killed me) so I ran the numbers on getting a new rim, it's much "cheaper" than you are quoting but still rough... $412 plus labor straight from a dealer. I saw you can get them for $300 ($250 plus core charge of $50) from several online OEM parts dealers so I'm guessing if you get them yourselves and have them mounted maybe $350?

I'm living with my tiny scuff that I put a bit of black paint on until I inevitably really screw it up LOL.

PS: maybe your quote of $1100 was for the set of 4?
maybe..
Sponsored