Sport Touring Hatchback RARE in your area?

OP
OP
bembol

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really wish we got the panoramic sunroof like the ones offered in the UK. Thats one thing I really liked in my Veloster is all that glass above, really felt nice and airy.

In Canada the CR-V gets a pano roof (I think it's not offered in the US), so I wonder why Honda won't bring more models here with that feature since it's already offered elsewhere (e.g. CR-V, HR-V, Civic, etc)

civic.jpg
+1000

I've posted this before saying how Honda Canada should've separated the Sport Touring more from the Sport like in the U.S.

We're too nice. LOL

I'll be honest I only got the ST because if I can afford the highest trim I'll get it, (I couldn't with the Murano settled for SL AWD) remember back in October when I signed papers only the LX was available.
Sponsored

bombarde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I agree about how well it works though i never actually engaged the braking yet, just got the warnings
What warnings are you referring to? I've used acc in stop n go freeway traffic without braking, but haven't seen any warnings.

dragynslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport w/ HS
Country flag
i just meant for automated brake warning, i got the warning displayed but the brakes never engaged yet. i assume it would at some point if i didn't brake myself

Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback - Rallye Red, 1997 Civic HX Coupe 5 Speed Manual - Milano Red (sold)
In the past six months or so I have only seen a total of three hatchbacks on the roads of Metro Detroit. There are very few sedans and coupes as well. :dunno:

Last edited:

bombarde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i just meant for automated brake warning, i got the warning displayed but the brakes never engaged yet. i assume it would at some point if i didn't brake myself
Interesting - mine brakes all the time under acc, but it doesn't put up warnings.

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
I'm semi upset that Honda sensing didn't come out at the launch of the HB. I have an EXL and for the same price, the exl out now has Honda sensing. I really wanted the sport touring but I had no way of waiting 3+ months until I got the color I wanted (white).

I'm happy with my EX-L, but...I wish I had the sensing at the minimum for the essentially same cost as the EX-L with sensing

bombarde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm semi upset that Honda sensing didn't come out at the launch of the HB. I have an EXL and for the same price, the exl out now has Honda sensing. I really wanted the sport touring but I had no way of waiting 3+ months until I got the color I wanted (white).

I'm happy with my EX-L, but...I wish I had the sensing at the minimum for the essentially same cost as the EX-L with sensing
Are you sure about it being included now? I was just looking at an EX-L 10 days ago, and the sensing package was a $1000 option. I ended up going for the ST as a result.

dragynslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport w/ HS
Country flag
What warnings are you referring to? I've used acc in stop n go freeway traffic without braking, but haven't seen any warnings.
I believe I'm just talking about emergency automatic braking. When i'm using ACC, yes I'm like you that it just slows down and not warm me each time

SportTouren

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
I saw one other hatch from a distance but that's it in my area. Couldn't tell what trim it was though from the distance.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Saw a blue one on 295 today. Not many around at all.

Hatchbacks in general are still rare, although I think an EP3 owner at work recently traded it in and got a Sport hatch -- parks in the same area, and I haven't seen the EP since the Sport showed up.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Went to grocery store last weekend, and parked my PM ST far away from other cars. When I came out of the store, imagine my surprise to see this scene.
IMG_0053.JPG
IMG_0054.JPG
I know I am not the only one who gets really excited to see another Honda Civic 10th Gen on the road. Even better in a parking lot.

rjcc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a sport touring, and imo to most people it's a little pricey for a Civic. The dealer here only seems to have one or at most two at a time, so I don't know if it's demand or they're just not getting them. I saw one on the highway that was exactly like mine.

alfarojm19

First Name
Jarvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
I saw a SG ST just like mine on the highway outside Charlotte and that's the only ST I've seen. Haven't seen many hatchbacks in general. Just one blue and one black. Lots of sedans on the road though.

Lovic87

First Name
Lovic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Sport CVT '18 GTI SE 6MT
Country flag
A few hatches, few Sports and very few Sport Touring that I've noticed.
Sponsored