Sport Touring audio system upgrade questions

duraz0rz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Grey
Country flag
Forgive me if anything here seems really off; I'm honestly not familiar with car audio, but I am with home audio and headphones.

I'm basically looking for quick bang-for-your-buck upgrades for the audio system. My ears tell me that the tweeters and sub are pretty bad, so those are probably the first ones I'll touch. I picked out the Polk tweeters as what I want to drop in as it seems pretty easy to upgrade them.

As for the sub, is the problem with the sub not enough power to it or just that it's a terrible sub? Does anyone make one that's a decent drop-in replacement or will I need to figure out new housing for it? Do I need to consider anything else after this?

Also, are there any resources to read or places I can go to evaluate what pieces I could potentially add or upgrade?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Exotzs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring Hatchback
Forgive me if anything here seems really off; I'm honestly not familiar with car audio, but I am with home audio and headphones.

I'm basically looking for quick bang-for-your-buck upgrades for the audio system. My ears tell me that the tweeters and sub are pretty bad, so those are probably the first ones I'll touch. I picked out the Polk tweeters as what I want to drop in as it seems pretty easy to upgrade them.

As for the sub, is the problem with the sub not enough power to it or just that it's a terrible sub? Does anyone make one that's a decent drop-in replacement or will I need to figure out new housing for it? Do I need to consider anything else after this?

Also, are there any resources to read or places I can go to evaluate what pieces I could potentially add or upgrade?

Thanks in advance!
For the sub, there isn't enough power and the sub isn't great. It depends on how much bass you like but i've found the stock enclosure is just fine for my needs. I've tried cranking the bass up and it sounds terrible when it is too high.