• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GAT305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR Crystal Black
Country flag
I really want to do this! My car is finally past it's break in point and I've seriously been considering flashpro. Got a little extra money on this check. Was debating on buying hondata or putting the extra towards the principle on the loan. Decisions! Lol
I was there too but I said flashpro first extra payment next month :yes:
Sponsored

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Man, decisions lol. Little less rev hang with less turbo lag with a flash over normal/sport combined or basic normal and only flashed sport. Which is the best in your opinion. That sounds like a tough choice :( You flash back to stock when servicing even though they could see that if they really wanted to?

I guess I would probably choose the sport mode flash only myself upon thinking about it and keep normal "normal"

Then again, I wanna be tuned by VIT so IDK what the hell I'm doing/saying

I really want to do this! My car is finally past it's break in point and I've seriously been considering flashpro. Got a little extra money on this check. Was debating on buying hondata or putting the extra towards the principle on the loan. Decisions! Lol

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Man, decisions lol. Little less rev hang with less turbo lag with a flash over normal/sport combined or basic normal and only flashed sport. Which is the best in your opinion. That sounds like a tough choice :( You flash back to stock when servicing even though they could see that if they really wanted to?

I guess I would probably choose the sport mode flash only myself upon thinking about it and keep normal "normal"

Then again, I wanna be tuned by VIT so IDK what the hell I'm doing/saying
Haha, right? Yeah I'd probably go the flash via sport button as well. That way I'd have the extra power when activated and stock in normal. I work as a tech at a Nissan dealership so I'd be doing the services myself. I'll run it thru the shop tho so it shows up on my carfax.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Sounds like I need to come to your dealer and have you service my car lol

Haha, right? Yeah I'd probably go the flash via sport button as well. That way I'd have the extra power when activated and stock in normal. I work as a tech at a Nissan dealership so I'd be doing the services myself. I'll run it thru the shop tho so it shows up on my carfax.

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Can the dealer find out if you have flashed the ecu? Even if you flash stock before oil change?
That's not normally something we check for when getting your vehicle serviced. Only if you're having drivablity issues with a check engine light or there's a software update for your ecm would we even check. And even then I'm not sure what would even show up. Software updates change the part number for ecm software. Usually being the ecm part number with an a-z at the end.

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
That's not normally something we check for when getting your vehicle serviced. Only if you're having drivablity issues with a check engine light or there's a software update for your ecm would we even check. And even then I'm not sure what would even show up. Software updates change the part number for ecm software. Usually being the ecm part number with an a-z at the end.
So it is completely safe to flash hondata then flash back without issues with dealer?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
there goes my ecu tune out the window.
thank you! I'd rather be safe than sorry.
I hear ya. :(

I'd prefer to wait until after my factory warranty is up, but chances are I won't have this vehicle by that time since I trade so often. If I get bored with the Si as it came from the factory, maybe the Type R will be selling at or below MSRP by then. :)

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
That's not normally something we check for when getting your vehicle serviced. Only if you're having drivablity issues with a check engine light or there's a software update for your ecm would we even check. And even then I'm not sure what would even show up. Software updates change the part number for ecm software. Usually being the ecm part number with an a-z at the end. Chances are that you would be fine going in for an oil chsnge
I hear ya. :(

I'd prefer to wait until after my factory warranty is up, but chances are I won't have this vehicle by that time since I trade so often. If I get bored with the Si as it came from the factory, maybe the Type R will be selling at or below MSRP by then. :)
That's how I feel. As much as I want the tune, this is my first ever new car and i want to make sure it stays warrantable during basic. And like you I'm not sure if I'll still have it after 3/36 or not.

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If selling to a private party I would inform them of what I did to the car, (for my own purposes if nothing else). If selling to a dealer I would claim the fifth (they have full access to the car to run any tests they like before buying).

GAT305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR Crystal Black
Country flag
Wonder how it'll work for cars thats been flashed and then traded in. like my SI once I get a 10th gen of some sort. :oops:
Imagine the new owner trying to get warranty work done.
That is a good question. When I traded my 2013 Si in they never even test drove the car which I found odd. I had the car in immaculate condition but all they did was do an engine bay and interior/exterior check, look at my mileage and ask me how much I wanted for the trade in. I would at least expect them to test drive it on run some computer tests since it is a Honda dealership. I did have a Typhon SRI and throttle body spacer on it however, I never flashed the ecu on that car but I did buy it used/new with 1,998 miles on it where it could have been flashed by the previous owner and no one would know unless the car ended up with issues. Even if car ended up with issues I would think that if a new owner of a previously owned vehicle that was flashed by the old owner would still be under warranty because there would be a driving record/log available provided that the current owner did not flash ecu essentially wiping record. If you are planning on trading in your current Si that has been flashed I would just flash back to stock now and drive it like that from here on out. I don't think a Honda tech is going to bother checking ecu for a trade in unless you have some obvious serious mods. Even with all of that worst case scenario is a lower trade value and I'm almost sure Honda can always re-tune/flash back to stock before selling the car so new owner should have no warranty issues. That is just my common sense guess/opinion on the situation.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
yeah, my experience with trading in is they don't even test drive it also. Looks at the exterior/interior/mileage. All they do is take a look at the auction value and base it off of that anyways most of the time. My car would be put back to "stock" anyways so i doubt they would know.
Sponsored