Sport mode stopped during an autoX run...

Barb_s

First Name
Barb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST 2018 Civic Si 1991 ZR1 Corvette
Country flag
I was in my 2nd PM run yesterday and during the run the sport mode started flashing. I don't tend to look down, but the red lighting in the dash was flashing on and off and caught my eye as I was getting to the end of the run. When I pulled in to grid, sport mode was not on, and the nannies were on.

I always do the pedal dance, turn on sport mode, and leave the car running thru the heat, and neither me or my co-driver turned the car off, to have this caused it before I started the run..

I had hit a cone on the run but nothing that would make the car think it was going to roll and maybe try to fix that, plus I don't really know when the change happened. I did feel like the car was fighting me for the last part of the run but nothing definitive that I can recall.

So, I''m curious to know if anyone has experienced something like this in their SI ever?
Sponsored

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Maybe it mistook your cornering for extremely slippery conditions?

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport mode stopped during an autoX run... Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 7.30.02 PM

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe it mistook your cornering for extremely slippery conditions?

Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 7.30.02 PM.png
This would honestly piss me off if this is the case. We bought a "Sport Injected" version of a vehicle with ADS and a Sport mode for track conditions, only to have it shut off IN track conditions. :crazy:

OP
OP

Barb_s

First Name
Barb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST 2018 Civic Si 1991 ZR1 Corvette
Country flag
It was the end of season, so I don't know if it was just a fluke, or something weird about how I drove the course. The car had already had ~150 runs for the year when it occurred. Since no one else has seen it, I'll just hope 2019 does not have it happen again.

MuffinRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 1989 Civic Si, 1989 Civic Si, 1988 CRX Si, 1990 CRX Si
Just a thought, what were the temperatures while you were running?
Also, it's "sunroof injected", not "sport injected" ;)
Sponsored