Sport Mode Reset

asdrg459

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I had my wiring harness for the active damper system replaced by the dealer, but I don't notice the change in sport mode anymore (steering feels the same and boost is not higher than normal mode). The dash shows sport mode is activated. Does anyone know how to reset or re calibrate sport mode?
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I had my wiring harness for the active damper system replaced by the dealer, but I don't notice the change in sport mode anymore (steering feels the same and boost is not higher than normal mode). The dash shows sport mode is activated. Does anyone know how to reset or re calibrate sport mode?
I would take it back to the dealer and not mess with it yourself. They may have forgotten to connect something, I don't think there would be any re-calibration that I know of

OP
OP

asdrg459

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I would take it back to the dealer and not mess with it yourself. They may have forgotten to connect something, I don't think there would be any re-calibration that I know of
Thanks for the tip. I had the dealer look at it after they connected the wiring harness back up but they said the steering was heavier putting it into sport mode; to me the steering feels the same and I max out at 17psi in both modes. The ADS warning light does not come on any more after the fix, so I'm sure the suspension is all hooked up.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Thanks for the tip. I had the dealer look at it after they connected the wiring harness back up but they said the steering was heavier putting it into sport mode; to me the steering feels the same and I max out at 17psi in both modes. The ADS warning light does not come on any more after the fix, so I'm sure the suspension is all hooked up.
Sport mode does not increase the available boost or power. It just remaps the throttle to be more responsive. You won't see any difference in peak boost.

You should definitely notice the steering, and if you are sensitive to it the damping response change.

Last edited:
OP
OP

asdrg459

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just an update. Seems like sport mode reset it's self after a month or two. All problems are fixed.
Sponsored